Recruiting Web & Game Server Solutions Business Start-Up

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
Hello DevBest Community.

A few years ago I had great success in finding a suitable candidate to work alongside me with my old business, which was also to do with Web Hosting & Game Server solutions. I'm looking to start-up a new UK-based company in the same field but primarily focus on web hosting specifically for businesses as that's where the most potential is, while also offering gaming solutions to individuals, communities and hopefully game developers through a sponsorship and/or start-up program.

Please read the job description, if this sounds like something you want to get involved in, place me a message asking for the application form along with any questions you have. I'll also send you more details about the business, along with what we'll be offering to our clients, server specifications and other fine details.

Advertised Position: Service Manager
Role: Voluntary (for now)
Age Requirement: 17+
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our business as the Service Manager who will be in charge of carrying out maintenance, setup and other technical tasks on our servers, software, etc. The preferred applicant will be highly skilled with Linux Operating Systems, in particular, CentOS. While not essential, experience with cPanel/WHM, Windows 2016 Datacenter and virtualisation will reinforce the chances of the applicant being chosen.

Thanks,
Jordan.

Virgin

i am a virgin
Apr 6, 2016
I'd be quite interested in this to be fair - I'm going to go ahead and shoot you a message later on this evening.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
If you want some pointers, lmk. Ideally:

- Setup Proxmox
- Setup some VMs, maybe 1-2 cPanel servers for webhosting
- Only offer certain gaming servers, ie - Minecraft, CS, etc
- Don't offer anything Windows based - waste of time/resources

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
Sorry for late reply, I'm responding to everyone in the order of their first PM, so please be patient! :)

@Ecko
While I didn't include this in the original post, the business will be focusing on virtualization solutions for game server hosting. Windows is likely to be used, though in terms of resources we are in talks with the developer of CPUCores and if need be will install the minimal version of Windows Server on our VPS's. We plan to support a wide range of games due to the nature of what we'll be offering. In the future, we'll be looking into cPanel/WHM and traditional game servers. Depending if we can install a GUI and how user-friendly some Linux distributions are, we will also consider them. Of course, our services would be aimed to those who want root access instead of a typical game server, so they are generally communities or developers so some technical know-how can be assumed, though making it as user-friendly as possible is still important.

Thanks for the tips bud, I like the look of the first tip and will be check that out now.
Jordan.

Users who are viewing this thread