Web Development Resource sheet

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Web Development Resource sheet composed by Gijs ( )
I don't own any of the following websites nor have I made them, this has been made to make your life a little easier when working on your next website.
I will edit this list overtime as I find more helpful things.
[Also found on my Ello along with another forum]

Suggest resources in the replies and I'll add them to the master.
Images and color schemes
- A collection of tile-able background images
- Huge collection of icons on all sorts of things.
- Need a color scheme? Go here.
- Looking for that hex code to a color? Look no further.
- Favicon generator and gallery.
- Need a fancy twirly loader thingy? Here it is.
- Need inspiration for the color scheme of your next design? Check these suggestions out.
- Need a tile-able background with custom colors? Look no further.
- Actual pictures to use as backgrounds instead of patterns.
- Custom icon pack, offers a free package. Pretty sure it's been shared before.
- Icon packs for Windows 8, IOS 7 and Android
- Here you can find any icons you want (free and premium)
- Free User Interface Kit
- Flat UI Colors
- More icons, woop woop!

CSS
- CSS cheat sheet.
- A collection of CSS hover effects.
- Code generator for border trimming.
- Huge collection of fonts, easily integrated.
- Button generator.
- Box shadow generator.
- Need a menu? Just make one here.
- The best carousel out there!
"a modern approach for crafting beautifully maintainable stylesheets"
- A CSS debugger, it'll outline each element with a different coloured box, simply run in your dev tools console
- Generate custom CSS radial gradients, pretty sure it does a little more as well. Well worth a play!
- Recently found this, increases productivity greatly! No need to refresh the browser to see CSS changes (only use for development, not on live sites as there is no need)

Help
- Don't quite understand something? Check here!
- Interactive lessons on a handful of languages including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python etc
- Good place to ask your code related questions or need something fixed.
- Need to convert those pixels to EM's for your responsive design? Here you go.
- Home to some of the best designers on the web. Great site for inspiration.
- Interactive lessons on a handful of languages including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python etc

Hosting etc
- Free .tk domain, perfect for testing purposes.
- Not sure wether your website is running? Check here.
- Website report and information.
- Responsive design testing on different screen sizes.
- Perfect to go along with your free domain, a free host.
- develop friendly hosting from $1
- Appreciate this is a file sharing tool but if you're collaborating on a project (without a server) or working in multiple places, this is the way to go - simply share folders.

Responsive
- CSS framework.
- Simple grid system for responsive development.
- HTML5 skeleton for a quick start.
- Responsive testing for various screen sizes
- This is a plugin, very similar to the above except with more choices imo. I use this when testing responsiveness on chrome.

- Can't quite find what you are looking for? JUST GOOGLE IT!

List of contributors
Magic, Sysode, IntactDev, Shado, Saintz

Last edited:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Every little helps! If this thread takes off and others have an input we should make this a sticky ;)

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
You should add

They have a bunch of nice backgrounds that I am using for my portfolio.

Last edited:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah I think this should be stickied - so I did it. Feel free to contribute any valuable resources and Magic will add them if they're decent :)

Pa - I'll add some resources soon.

Last edited:

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
You should add

They have a bunch of nice backgrounds that I am using for my portfolio.
Added

Yeah I think this should stickied - so I did it. Feel free to contribute any valuable resources and Magic will add them if they're decent :)

Pa - I'll add some resources soon.
Thank you! :)

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
May as well contribute some sites I know that could be helpful. Here goes..

• "a modern approach for crafting beautifully maintainable stylesheets"
  • - A CSS debugger, it'll outline each element with a different coloured box, simply run in your dev tools console
  • - Generate custom CSS radial gradients, pretty sure it does a little more as well. Well worth a play!
  • - Responsive testing for various screen sizes
  • - This is a plugin, very similar to the above except with more choices imo. I use this when testing responsiveness on chrome.
  • - Home to some of the best designers on the web. Great site for inspiration.
  • - Custom icon pack, offers a free package. Pretty sure it's been shared before.
  • - Appreciate this is a file sharing tool but if you're collaborating on a project (without a server) or working in multiple places, this is the way to go - simply share folders.
  • - unsure of a HTML5 alternative, check how safe and compatible it is here.
  • - Recently found this, increases productivity greatly! No need to refresh the browser to see CSS changes (only use for development, not on live sites as there is no need)

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
May as well contribute some sites I know that could be helpful. Here goes..

• "a modern approach for crafting beautifully maintainable stylesheets"
  • - A CSS debugger, it'll outline each element with a different coloured box, simply run in your dev tools console
  • - Generate custom CSS radial gradients, pretty sure it does a little more as well. Well worth a play!
  • - Responsive testing for various screen sizes
  • - This is a plugin, very similar to the above except with more choices imo. I use this when testing responsiveness on chrome.
  • - Home to some of the best designers on the web. Great site for inspiration.
  • - Custom icon pack, offers a free package. Pretty sure it's been shared before.
  • - Appreciate this is a file sharing tool but if you're collaborating on a project (without a server) or working in multiple places, this is the way to go - simply share folders.
  • - unsure of a HTML5 alternative, check how safe and compatible it is here.
  • - Recently found this, increases productivity greatly! No need to refresh the browser to see CSS changes (only use for development, not on live sites as there is no need)
I've added these to the main thread, feel free to add them in yourself with your mod permissions.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
Here some for you
  • - Icon packs for Windows 8, IOS 7 and Android
  • - Here you can find any icons you want.
  • - A free web hosting also It can install WordPress or Joomla
  • - Interactive lessons on a handful of languages including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python etc

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Here some for you
  • - Icon packs for Windows 8, IOS 7 and Android
  • - Here you can find any icons you want.
  • - A free web hosting also It can install WordPress or Joomla
  • - Interactive lessons on a handful of languages including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python etc
Thanks man, updated the main thread.

Although, I think the whole "hosting" should be reconsidered. Purely because everyone will start having their own opinions on what hosts (includes people getting some free advertising from their hosting) thus leading to debates etc. Just an idea of keeping the thread clean anyway - up to you @Magic

Jemz

xmas tings.
Aug 6, 2013
I love this thread...

That's a good site for icons as well, its practically the same as iconfinder but you can choose a hex code for the icon.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
I forget to add 2 things
  • - Free User Interface Kit
  • - Flat UI Colors

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
I love this thread...

That's a good site for icons as well, its practically the same as iconfinder but you can choose a hex code for the icon.
I forget to add 2 things
  • - Free User Interface Kit
  • - Flat UI Colors
Added, thanks for contributing.
Thanks man, updated the main thread.

Although, I think the whole "hosting" should be reconsidered. Purely because everyone will start having their own opinions on what hosts (includes people getting some free advertising from their hosting) thus leading to debates etc. Just an idea of keeping the thread clean anyway - up to you @Magic
I guess, We'll leave the hosting companies as it is. I mean you only really need one host or maybe two.

N8boy

May 31, 2014
- a fucking awesome page for tileable backgrounds, icons, tutorials and so on

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Thanks, I only used half of the sources listed here in all honesty, so this should help expand my knowledge!

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
Wow this is very helpful, I didn't even realise this was made :O Thanks to all the contributors.

@Magic

Here for beginners, they have some really nice and easy to follow tutorials regarding web design, they are all three, and they are videos.

Been watching a couple and they are really in depth...

They also offer more than just web design tutorials too if you'd like to check them out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread