deleted

Liam

trust nobody
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
In my opinion, Unity being the first impression for newcomers or old players returning isn't a good idea. They should rename 'Hotel' to 'BETA' and make it very clear that the 'Classic' version is recommended if you want a better Habbo experience in the meantime.

The UI is still horrible, and they're pushing new features to Unity without implementing everything Flash has first.

From a marketing POV, how are Habbo going to make a comeback to experience this "new Habbo", when it has always been available in a broken mess with incremental updates.

Hopefully there will be a better future ahead for Habbo Hotel.

Zenuyasha

</Dev>
Dec 5, 2016
HMTL5 would be easier to be reverse engineered so they probably wanted something harder to be RE'd but it backfired or yeah just poor execution

Alaska

Hablush <3
Mar 5, 2015
They started working on it a while before I believe, so it's quite upsetting to see it turn out the way it did. But I agree HTML5 probably would of been a better choice.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
  • Easier to find Unity Developers within this Industry
  • Having Unity Developers & Maintaining Unity is cost efficient
  • They save time
  • Was somewhat a new approach that Sulake took making it a bit different & difficult in some cases for this private server community
Everything would be better if it was made In-House. However it costs a lot of money to hire these kind of experienced developers. They don't even use an In-House Game Server let alone Engine. I guess it's a good alternative to build on top of things since it saves a lot of time and money especially when you use a widely used Engine like Unity.

My thoughts are mixed on this one. They could've nailed the Unity project. It's not a bad choice for a Game like Habbo. I think they rushed it.

Users who are viewing this thread