Votes suspended

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
So the votes reset, and habsay was stuck at 0 votes for 5 minutes, during which, the user count went from 16 to 23 online.. Still stuck on 0 votes, after 10 minutes I started advertising to get em back up. After 30 minutes we were stuck on 1 vote, but user counts at 30 online... Is someone playing with my votes?
Hotels with 3 users online are infront..

Many users were complaining that they could not get on the client because the voting page just kept saying the captcha was incorrect. I have removed habsay from findretros.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
turned them back on, but have done it differently this time.

Fixed. Had to allow findretros.com into the whitelist on scripts.js XD

Last edited:

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
turned them back on, but have done it differently this time.

Fixed. Had to allow findretros.com into the whitelist on scripts.js XD
I knew it was something with your HabboWEB.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
Wish his voting system got suspended, the advertising fuck. Learn to grow your user base, not spam everyone elses.
It is growing :)
We just accelerate the growth. Besides, I only adv on fresh/boon. The big hotels can afford to loose 10+ daily.. The little hotels can't.

Taylis

Feb 7, 2012
That's bullshit, you advertise everywhere including me and I can't afford to lose the users. You were getting 550+ votes a day and now you down to 230 on a good day so you clearly can't keep the users you are purging from other hotels.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
That's bullshit, you advertise everywhere including me and I can't afford to lose the users. You were getting 550+ votes a day and now you down to 230 on a good day so you clearly can't keep the users you are purging from other hotels.
You're a fine one to talk about loosing users when you used to have 500+, and Johno redirect boom to you a while back. Our peak was 114 online, and now we're hittin 70 - 80 peaks.. not too bad if you ask me.

I've been logging people being sent to the voting page, with and IP and a timestamp. We're about 100-150 votes behind our logs. I can assure you that something is wrong here.
we've had twice hebbas usercount all day, and they got more votes.
Also, I only advertise on fresh/boon.

I don't boost any users, and i'm not fucking with my own logs.

I am logging how many clicks we get from findretros, because I'm considering leaving, and looking for other sources of users.

"230 on a good day" lmao

Last edited:

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
It is growing :)
We just accelerate the growth. Besides, I only adv on fresh/boon. The big hotels can afford to loose 10+ daily.. The little hotels can't.
Your hotel had 73 at peak today yeah? I went on during it and you had 30+ in welcome room. All AFKing. Your hotel's userbase is garbage still man, you can't manage it for shit. Jack or Jamie HA'd during your 60+ peak and nobody even played, I think they managed one game before it was completely dead. :p

Taylis

Feb 7, 2012
There is nothing wrong with the voting, vpns don't count, puffin don't count only real ip's count which would be a bitch for you anyways when you have 5 accounts on just from your ip alone. You constantly boost up your count that's why your votes don't match.
You are full of shit saying you only advertise on boon and fresh as well. Stop with the bullshit man it's really annoying now.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
There is nothing wrong with the voting, vpns don't count, puffin don't count only real ip's count which would be a bitch for you anyways when you have 5 accounts on just from your ip alone. You constantly boost up your count that's why your votes don't match.
You are full of shit saying you only advertise on boon and fresh as well. Stop with the bullshit man it's really annoying now.

Dump of votelogs, with timestamp and all -
Note that the IP's have been changed to prevent any security issues.

352 votes -> 257 seems like a large difference..

Voting script;
PHP:
if(!$findretros->checkVote('habwire') && $_GET['url'] != '' && $_GET['url'] != 'index' && $_GET['url'] != 'register' && $_GET['url'] != 'regsubmit'){
        if($engine->num_rows("SELECT null FROM cms_votes WHERE ip_addr = '".$ip_addr."'") == 0){
            if(isset($_SESSION['user']['username'])){
                $username = $_SESSION['user']['username'];
            }else{
                $username = "null";
            }
            $time = time();
            $engine->query("INSERT INTO cms_votes (username, timestamp, ip_addr) VALUES ('".$username."', '".$time."', '".$engine->secure($ip_addr)."')");
        }
        header('Location: https://findretros.com/rankings/vote/habwire');
        exit();
    }
Nobody is vote boosting. This is honest.

I feel like it's happening to fresh hotel also.. They always have 200-300 more online than boon, but are getting 400-700 less votes? @Muscab

Your hotel had 73 at peak today yeah? I went on during it and you had 30+ in welcome room. All AFKing. Your hotel's userbase is garbage still man, you can't manage it for shit. Jack or Jamie HA'd during your 60+ peak and nobody even played, I think they managed one game before it was completely dead. :p
I was on fresh when they had 500 online a while back, a staff sends out a HA for events, and 7 users came.

Diddy8000

Aug 22, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong but there's only 164 votes difference in their averages.
e7a27d75e60e28b2795b083c7f7e88c4.png

cbb96bcfb687ff23b339fcdfad0349c6.png

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong but there's only 164 votes difference in their averages.
e7a27d75e60e28b2795b083c7f7e88c4.png

cbb96bcfb687ff23b339fcdfad0349c6.png
Fresh have been higher lately? Was saying what i've been seeing lately. I still don't get why boon is ahead when fresh clearly has more users.

Diddy8000

Aug 22, 2011
Fresh have been higher lately? Was saying what i've been seeing lately. I still don't get why boon is ahead when fresh clearly has more users.
I see where your coming from however I don't think Fresh minds, the averages seem even and the second spot is just as good as the first.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
That's what I'm wondering, Fresh gets atleast 100-200 more at all hours even without malay users because of the ISP problems with findretros.
There is nothing wrong with the voting
There's definitely a problem with findretros or Fresh would be #1 in votes.
I was on fresh when they had 500 online a while back, a staff sends out a HA for events, and 7 users came.
Mind you that fresh is normally dead during Aus times, most of the aussie userbase is under 18 and goes to school. But they normally have user hosted events throughout the day that always maintain 15+ users between multiple people hosting. That's better than a hotel with 70 users where there's only 30 in an actual room AFKing nonetheless, not to mention the other users either building a room or flat out in an AFK booster.

Fresh is garbage and totally corrupt but statistics wise they do better than any English retro, Boon's just as corrupt but is behind in users by a decent margin. It's not really arguable all you need to know is subtraction and it's obvious.
Wish his voting system got suspended, the advertising fuck. Learn to grow your user base, not spam everyone elses.
I wouldn't get snobby just because they take 5-10 users off your hotel, they would of been banned by your ignorant fucking staff anyway because your staff team is full of favoritism and unprofessional little emotional twats. Habboon is garbage compared to when you owned it with Aaron.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
That's what I'm wondering, Fresh gets atleast 100-200 more at all hours even without malay users because of the ISP problems with findretros.

Mind you that fresh is normally dead during Aus times, most of the aussie userbase is under 18 and goes to school. But they normally have user hosted events throughout the day that always maintain 15+ users between multiple people hosting. That's better than a hotel with 70 users where there's only 30 in an actual room AFKing nonetheless, not to mention the other users either building a room or flat out in an AFK booster.

Fresh is garbage and totally corrupt but statistics wise they do better than any English retro, Boon's just as corrupt but is behind in users by a decent margin. It's not really arguable all you need to know is subtraction and it's obvious.

I wouldn't get snobby just because they take 5-10 users off your hotel, they would of been banned by your ignorant fucking staff anyway because your staff team is full of favoritism and unprofessional little emotional twats. Habboon is garbage compared to when you owned it with Aaron.

All I can say from my experiences running habsay, is that running a retro is not as easy as it seems. There are so many things you need to think about at the same time, not to mention the real life problems we all encounter daily. I feel you're being a bit harsh towards retro owners, because if the hotel is still supporting a decent usercount then the users are happy. Even if they say they're unhappy, they have not left.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
All I can say from my experiences running habsay, is that running a retro is not as easy as it seems. There are so many things you need to think about at the same time, not to mention the real life problems we all encounter daily. I feel you're being a bit harsh towards retro owners, because if the hotel is still supporting a decent usercount then the users are happy. Even if they say they're unhappy, they have not left.
Yeah I forgot banning users for no reason is the job of the staff, my bad, please forgive me.

Shorty

<insert title>
Jul 14, 2011

Jesus, who made you so butthurt? There is only one thing I agree with in your whole post but half the shit you waffled on about?!

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
Yeah I forgot banning users for no reason is the job of the staff, my bad, please forgive me.
I forgive you.
Habsays not dead??
It seems that you either come online at very unfortunate times, or you wait online for the 5secs where the chat clears (happens in boons homeroom also), and claim it's dead?

Xylo why do you turn everything into an argument, we was all good a few days ago?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread