Version 26 / Ubuntu Development

km32

May 13, 2011
As you all know, Shockwave is no longer supported within Chrome and because of that all v26 retros are unable to be played on, and do to the graphical-barrier as such, the chance the idea of a retro with version 26 capabilities to be populated is low.

Still, I think a fun personal project would be to create an entire retro (within Linux, on Ubuntu) to play around with. More of a private community of people who are originators of Habbo Hotel. I myself spent years on Habbo, up until awhile ago when I decided that after gambling was first removed (now it's only 3 dice/room) I quit. I do think this would be fun, I am quite aware of previous threads discussing this same topic however I'd like an updated opinion.

I know there are not many emulators available however there are bases to work off of, or even new projects to start.

Please shoot me back some input, thanks.

km32

May 13, 2011
Now on ubuntu shockwave even on palemoon does not work so we need to get a functional Macromedia browser

HarmonicRain

NextGenHabbo.com
Jun 27, 2012
Good luck with that then - its never going to work on linux for players. Only hosting it. Your best bet is a very old version of firefox

rich107951

Apr 28, 2018
I got V26 up this weekend. The client still works on IE11 with Windows 10. I have to occasionally right mouse click the browser to get shockwave to unfreeze, but for the most part it still works. Not sure what you would need for Ubuntu as I couldn't get FireFox to work, but like suggested above, it may work with a much old version of FireFox.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
Shockwave works with no issues for me on Seamonkey browser ^.^
I play a Shockwave hotel every day

Also, I messaged you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread