v28+ Shockwave - RC4 bypass patch [Lingo/CCT]

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Hello!

This is a small release, but a rather useful one nonetheless.

Ideally, working encryption in these versions would be more preferable but for the meantime there's now a way to bypass RC4 and being able to have the loading bar complete all the way.

The way you bypass is when you recieve INIT_CRYPTO you send back the session parameters packet, .

What's the issue, exactly?

There's no forced encryption, but bypassing it means the loading bar doesn't complete. The way the loading bar works in these versions is that there's certain "steps" to complete loading, such as the key exchange, initialising RC4 encryption and then logging in.

This is what happens if you bypass without the patch, the loading bar (is also draggable, mind you) doesn't complete and sits on top of the chat every time you login.

This release will fix the issue depicted below.

tfyv5pp.png

How it works

We simply attach this .cct into the load order and the client thinks its one of us, so once we receive login packet by server, we'll execute the events telling the client that the loading is done! No editing of official client files required.

In theory, we could make this .cct hook into the other cast members and edit the script but there's anti-tamper checks all throughout the v28+ versions of the Habbo client so it's not possible.

Code:
on handleLoginOK me, tMsg 
  tConn = tMsg.connection

if not tConn then
    return FALSE
  end if

executeMessage(#loadingBarSetExtraTaskDone, #handshake2)
  executeMessage(#loadingBarSetExtraTaskDone, #login)
  return TRUE
end

on registerServerMessages me, tBool 
  tMsgs = [:]
  tMsgs.setaProp(3, #handleLoginOK)
  tCmds = [:]
  if tBool then
    registerListener(getVariable("connection.info.id", #info), me.getID(), tMsgs)
    registerCommands(getVariable("connection.info.id", #info), me.getID(), tCmds)
  else
    unregisterListener(getVariable("connection.info.id", #info), me.getID(), tMsgs)
    unregisterCommands(getVariable("connection.info.id", #info), me.getID(), tCmds)
  end if
  return TRUE
end

How to install

Open your external variables (provided they are v28+ dcrs and dcrs only).

Find the lines that say "cast.entry.x" for example:

Code:
cast.entry.38=hh_human_50_acc_eye

If possible, find an available number that you can use for the cast.entry line, either that will be the next highest number out of the cast.entry lines or an unused number that's left a gap which is free for you to use.

In my case, the next number I could use was 49.

Add this line at the bottom, but replace the "x" with that number:

Code:
cast.entry.x=hh_encryption_bypass

And move hh_encryption_bypass.cct into the same directory where fuse_client.cct sits and you're good!

Download information

The download includes the compiled .cct and the .cst with the Lingo script so you can fool around with it if you want.

Attachments

• hh_encryption_bypass.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 8

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Incredible as always, I love your passion for the older builds.

Interesting to read about that loading bar, I can actually remember it getting stuck back in the day - never knew the reason behind it, pretty cool to know & have a fix for it after all these years.

Good stuff. :D

Users who are viewing this thread