Users of my hotel needs to clear cache?

Ahoijeren

Apr 19, 2019
Everytime I update my catalog or something else, the users on my hotel needs to clear their browser cache? Can that really be true? Is there a fix to this?

Vik

Feb 2, 2019
You shouldn't have to make your users to clear their cache unless they have SWF issues, such as when you edit / add furniture in to the catalogue or unless you edit your client in anyway.

What truly is the issue here?

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
If there are new SWFs being added to your server, then yes, they will need to clear their cache. I don't think there's any way to "fix" this, it's the way it's always been, because the original cache will only show what it's seen before, not what's new, unless you make it collect the SWF from the current timestamp you loaded the client. Which can be done by adding something like, ?<?php echo time(); ?> to the end of the swf definer.

Last edited:

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Just add a randomly generated string to the end of all the files that get loaded from the client script.

Everytime you update something or add something, simply change that string. That way you'll be able to force the users to cache the new data without them having to recache every time.

Ahoijeren

Apr 19, 2019
Just add a randomly generated string to the end of all the files that get loaded from the client script.

Everytime you update something or add something, simply change that string. That way you'll be able to force the users to cache the new data without them having to recache every time.
Could you explain how to do that?

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
See this line?
Code:
flash.dynamic.download.name.template=%revision%/%typeid%.swf
After the .swf, you need to add a random string to it so it uses a new cache each time.
Here's an example
Code:
%revision%/%typeid%.swf?12345789
if your external_variables file is changed from .txt into .php, you can use this and you won't have to update the string every time.
Code:
%revision%/%typeid%.swf?<?php echo time(); ?>

Users who are viewing this thread