Ultimate Habbo Private Server Tutorial [RevCMS, PhoenixEMU, R63]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailezned

May 24, 2012
Introduction
Many of you probably don't know me. I am a newbie. I have introduced myself to the DevBest community already. I decided to make this tutorial since I have no contribution to the community yet so I want this to be my first contribution. Here are some goals we want to achieve:

1.) Setup the server locally
2.) Test the server
3.) Configure the server for public access

We want those to be in order. We want a local sever first so we can test everything if it's functional. Once we know that it is functional, we can then move on to making it public.

This tutorial will not include portforwarding. If you want to know how to properly forward a port, check out they have a list of routers so you can look for yours there. If you are using a modem, however, you will not need to forward a port anymore. As long as you are directly connected from Modem -> PC.

Downloads
Download these one by one if you want. The tutorial goes on one by one in the same order:

Server Related
1.) XAMPP 1.7.7
2.) PhoenixEMU 3.7.1 (Ask information about this from other users.)
3.) RevEMU 3.7.1
4.) RELEASE-63 SWFs

Download these only if you don't have them.

Tools
1.) 7zip / WinRAR (Download it there)
2.) Notepad++

7zip has no trial version and is free, meaning you can download it and install the full version for free.
Notepad++ is an optional download. However, it makes editing very easy and fast so I suggest you download it.

Setup Part I: Your Download Folder and Details.txt
1.) Create a folder somewhere in your PC and name it whatever you like. Let's call this folder the "Download Folder"
2.) I will refer to the Download Folder in some parts of the tutorial so make sure you know which one is your Download Folder. We will store all downloads here.
3.) Create a txt file in your download folder and name it whatver you like. Let's call this txt file the "Details.txt"
4.) I will refer to the Details.txt in some parts of the tutorial so make sure you know which one is your Details.txt. We will store all your details here.

Setup Part II: XAMPP 1.7.7
1.) Download XAMPP 1.7.7 if you haven't downloaded it yet.
2.) Run the installer for XAMPP, select your language, read some information it says. Once you reach the window named "XAMPP Options", check the boxes like this:
qqscow.jpg

3.) Install XAMPP to this directory "C:\xampp"
4.) Wait for install to finish. Once finished, make sure you have the XAMPP Control Panel running with Apache and MySQL services running, too.
5.) Open your browser and navigate to
6.) Select your XAMPP language and then navigate to
7.) Think of your password and then input it to the password fields and click the "Password Changing" button.
8.) Now open your Details.txt and type there:
Code:
MySQL Settings
Username: root
Password: (your new password)
9.) Navigate to C:\xampp\htdocs and delete everything
10.) Navigate to C:\xampp and delete the "WebDav" folder
11.) Navigate to C:\xampp\php and open "php.ini". Edit the values:
Code:
safe_mode=off
to
Code:
safe_mode=on
13.) Congratulations! As of this point, you have your own web server but nothing in it!

Setup Part III: PhoenixEMU 3.7.1
NOTICE: Phoenix 3.7.1 IS NOT FOR FREE! There is a crack but it's crappy.
1.) Download PhoenixEMU 3.7.1 if you haven't downloaded it yet.
2.) Extract it to your Download Folder. The one we created a while ago.
3.) Open your browser and navigate to
4.) Type in your details. If you forgot, you can check out your Details.txt. The one we created a while ago.
5.) Click the "Databases" tab at the top.
6.) Create a new database called "rev_phoenix". Open your Details.txt and add this under MySQL settings:
Code:
Database: rev_phoenix
7.) Open your database rev_phoenix from the sidebar of PhpMyAdmin.
8.) Click on the "Import" tab.
9.) Now click the "Choose file" button and browse for your database.sql from your Pheonix folder.
10.) Click the "Go" button. Wait for the import to finish. It takes a while since it's a big database. After it finishes importing, it should show you this message:
vmr8mr.png

11.) Click the "SQL" tab at the top. There will be a big textbox. Input this code to the textbox:
Code:
ALTER table `users` ADD `seckey` VARCHAR(999)
It should look like this:
6td5s9.png

12.) Click the "Go" button.
13.) After it finishes the query. It should show you message that it's successful. Like the one when we uploaded the database.
14.) Navigate to your Phoenix folder and open "config.conf" with Notepad/Notepad++
15.) Edit the following values to yours:
Code:
## Licence Information
username=(If you bought Phoenix, you'll know)
password=(If you bought Phoenix, you'll know)

## MySQL Configuration
db.hostname=localhost <------- leave that as localhost
db.port=3306 <------------------ leave that as 3306
db.username=root <------------ leave that as root
db.password=(Your MySQL password, if you forgot, you can check out your Details.txt)
db.name=rev_phoenix <-------- Make sure that is rev_phoenix

Leave the rest as is.
16. Try running Phoenix 3.7.1, if it runs without reporting any other error, move on to the next step! If not, make sure you had all details right.

Setup Part IV: RevCMS 1.9.9
1.) Download RevCMS 1.9.9 if you haven't downloaded it yet.
2.) Extract it to your download folder.
3.) Copy the files inside "RevCMS 1.9.9" not "_MACOSX" and paste it to C:\xampp\htdocs
4.) Navigate to C:\xampp\htdocs\app\management and open "config.php"
5.) Edit the following values to yours:
PHP:
$_CONFIG['mysql']['connection_type'] = 'connect'; //sometimes I get errors when it's on pconnect so I'd put it as connect

$_CONFIG['mysql']['hostname'] = 'localhost'; //leave that as is

$_CONFIG['mysql']['username'] = 'root'; //leave that as is

$_CONFIG['mysql']['password'] = '12399'; //your MySQL password, if you forgot, you can check out your Details.txt

$_CONFIG['mysql']['database'] = 'rev_phoenix'; //make sure this is rev_phoenix

$_CONFIG['mysql']['port'] = '3306'; //leave that as is

//You can change the other settings later, for now this are the mandatory settings
6.) Navigate to C:\xampp\htdocs and delete the "thehabbos_api" folder because we won't be using that for now.
7.) Navigate to C:\xampp\htdocs\app\tpl\skins\Mango and open "account.php", "me.php" and "news.php", press Ctrl+H on your keyboard and replace "api.php" with "client" and save.
8.) Open up your browser and navigate to
9.) Register yourself. Once done, navigate to
10.) Type in your details, if you forgot, you can check out your Details.txt.
11.) Select rev_phoenix in the sidebar.
12.) Look for the table called "users".
13.) Look for your user and click "Edit".
14.) Look for the row called "rank" and change 1 to 7. Once done, click the "Go" button so it saves. Now you have an administrator account.
15.) Congratulations! You have setup your RevCMS! However, you cannot play yet. You still don't have your SWFs!

Setup Part V: RELEASE-63 SWFs
1.) Download it if you haven't downloaded it yet.
2.) Extract it to your Download Folder.
3.) Copy everything in the folder "SWF_pack" and paste it to C:\xampp\htdocs
4.) Navigate to C:\xampp\htdocs\r63 and look for "external_variables.txt".
5.) Press Ctrl+H on your keyboard and replace "habprohotel.co.uk" with "%predefined%". This makes sure that whatever domain you change to, it still stays predefined so you would not need to replace it again and again.
6.) You have setup your SWFs!
7.) Navigate to C:\xampp\htdocs\app\management and open "config.php".
8.) Edit the following values so it looks exactly like this:
PHP:
$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_vars'] = 'http://localhost/r63/external_variables.txt'; //make sure it looks exactly like this

$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_texts'] = 'http://localhost/r63/external_flash_texts.txt'; //make sure it looks exactly like this

$_CONFIG['hotel']['product_data'] = 'http://localhost/r63/productdata.txt'; //make sure it looks exactly like this

$_CONFIG['hotel']['furni_data'] = 'http://localhost/r63/furnidata.txt'; //make sure it looks exactly like this

$_CONFIG['hotel']['swf_folder'] = 'http://localhost/r63'; //make sure it looks exactly like this
9.) You have setup RevCMS with SWFs!

Play
Open your PhoenixEMU 3.7.1 and make sure Apache and MySQL services are running in the XAMPP Control Panel. Enjoy! You can now also toy with the configuration files of RevCMS which is config.php and PhoenixEMU which is config.conf!

After you have played and you think this is good enough, forward your ports (not included in tutorial). If you didn't change anything, it would be 30000, 30001, 3306 and 80. Once you have forwarded your ports, lookup your I.P. address in , copy it edit the I.P. addresses and URLs in your configuration files (config.php and config.conf)

Credits
Kryptos - developer of RevCMS
***** - *cough* developer of Phoenix
Vineen - He gave me the link for the SWFs
Mitchell - I think he's the one who released the SWFs

Thanks for reading my first contribution to the DevBest Community! Have a nice day! I hope you had fun while making your hotel!

Press like if this helped!

Reply below if you need help ;)

Nailezned

May 24, 2012
F.A.Q.
Q: Can somebody upload a video version of this tutorial?
A: I will. Soon. But not too soon.

Q: Is RevCMS the best CMS?
A: Yes it is! Fast, secure, it has a template system and a whole lot more pawns Uber! And PhoenixCF and PhoenixPHP

Q: Is PhoenixEMU the best EMU?
A: Nope. Only the working one so far. There is a ButterflyEMU but it's incompatible with Rev. Wait for RevEMU though. It's going to pawn all of those!

Q: How do I make my hotel public?
A1: If you're directly connected from modem->PC then you just need to use your I.P. address as your domain. Not the best idea though. Try registering to No-IP.com or DynDNS.com for free IP redirects!
A2: If you're connected via router, you may have to portforward. I will not teach you how to do this. Use google.

Q: How do I change my domain?
A: You need a domain first. Register your own. Then you can replace your settings in the configuration files.

Q: How do I change my logo? (for Mango only)
A: Find your logo and make sure it is in PNG format. Replace C:\xampp\htdocs\app\tpl\skins\Mango\images\logo.png with your. Make your new logo is named "logo.png".

Q: How do I add skins?
A: Look for them first. Download and then extract it C:\xampp\htdocs\app\tpl\skins\YOURSKIN

Q: How do I use skins?
A: Simple. Open config.php and replace "Mango" or "Priv" with "YOURSKIN". Make sure you replace YOURSKIN with the folder name of your skin.

Q: How do I add badges?
A: Find your badge and make sure it is in PNG format. Navigate to your c_images\album1584 and add your badge there. Your badge name should have only a 3-letter name. Example, NED or REV or anything. Once you have that, open your external_flash_texts.txt and these lines:
Code:
badge_name_XXX=(badge name)
badge_desc_XXX=(badge description)

where as XXX is your 3-letter name.

Q: Will you be updating this thread?
A: YES I WILL! :)

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Nice tut, how about including a full video preview aswell? many noobs can follow what you have written above and still fail in making a hotel.
However by adding a video, they can pause and follow everything you do. It would be a nice addition to the thread

Nailezned

May 24, 2012
Nice tut, how about including a full video preview aswell? many noobs can follow what you have written above and still fail in making a hotel.
However by adding a video, they can pause and follow everything you do. It would be a nice addition to the thread
I did plan on that. :) I still have to download screen capture programs for this. But anyway thanks!

pedenski

Jun 2, 2012
when i copy the contents of RevCMS 1.9.9.9 in htdocs folder, i get a 404 error. how do i fix it?

Nailezned

May 24, 2012
when i copy the contents of RevCMS 1.9.9.9 in htdocs folder, i get a 404 error. how do i fix it?

There are many things you may have forgotten.

You must have forgotten to start the Apache and MySQL service.
You must have forgotten to edit your site url in config.php Try using 'localhost' as your url.
You must have forgotten a lot more.

So we can be sure, try those at the above. If not, post a screenshot of your error, and what your config.php contains.

s0ul

May 19, 2012
Why do you call it Ultimate? What's the difference of the other Tutorial than this?

Nailezned

May 24, 2012
Why do you call it Ultimate? What's the difference of the other Tutorial than this?
Idk. I can't think of any other name ^^ And I'll post some other 'extras' like how to add badges and stuff. As soon as I learn them though.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I guess this will pawn my tutorial, the only difference is that IIS is much secure than XAMPP. Also, don't forget to mention that they should remove the webdav folder inside the xampp folder. And video tutorial would be awesome, especially if taken from PC to VPS.

And why setup client before CMS? :confused: Goodluck bro.

Nailezned

May 24, 2012
I guess this will pawn my tutorial, the only difference is that IIS is much secure than XAMPP. Also, don't forget to mention that they should remove the webdav folder inside the xampp folder. And video tutorial would be awesome, especially if taken from PC to VPS.

And why setup client before CMS? :confused: Goodluck bro.

I agree with IIS being more secure with XAMPP but I messed up in IIS so XAMPP for now. Thanks for reminding me about the WebDav thingy. I forgot. ^^

And by client, did you mean the EMU? Well because the CMS needs the database first so i figured let's start out with emu first. If not, then I don't get what 'client' you mean then. lol.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I agree with IIS being more secure with XAMPP but I messed up in IIS so XAMPP for now. Thanks for reminding me about the WebDav thingy. I forgot. ^^

And by client, did you mean the EMU? Well because the CMS needs the database first so i figured let's start out with emu first. If not, then I don't get what 'client' you mean then. lol.
Yes. It's better if you organized what's first and what is least important to make it work. You can setup the database first to make the CMS work, then less hassle when working with the client - that is much better. But I'm waiting for the video tutorial brother! Pinoy pride. ;)

Nailezned

May 24, 2012
Yes. It's better if you organized what's first and what is least important to make it work. You can setup the database first to make the CMS work, then less hassle when working with the client - that is much better. But I'm waiting for the video tutorial brother! Pinoy pride. ;)

Thanks. I'm not really sure when to get the video tutorial done. School is starting so I can't be bothered right now ^^

xconnor90

Jul 24, 2012
For all those who cannot register just go to localhost/register and you shall be able to create a account

xconnor90

Jul 24, 2012
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 5 at column 23: Extra content at the end of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

That is the error i recieve when i try and connect using my local IP and port 30000 any help???????

Latinus

"Not everything that shines is Gold"
Jan 2, 2012
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 5 at column 23: Extra content at the end of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

That is the error i recieve when i try and connect using my local IP and port 30000 any help???????

Did you portforward??
If yes.. Did you configure every file like config.php and others??
If not that might be the problem..
But I can't be sure 100%
Please post a screenie?

xLeMyS

Feb 25, 2017
i can't register when i go to localhost the only things i got it the website page when i type phpmyadmin register it sends me to login page ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread