[UK ONLY] Police UK

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Hey people,

Those of you that are located in the UK may have seen the launch of this site recently via the news -

This site basically locates an area by putting in a Postcode/Town/Village etc..
and it locates all the different crimes within a certain distance around the area you have selected.

What do you think about this?
And is this a good thing when it comes to Traveling/Buying a House etc...

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
O this is what they were talking about on the radio about there site crashing with the amount of traffic visiting, thanks for sharing.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
O this is what they were talking about on the radio about there site crashing with the amount of traffic visiting, thanks for sharing.

Yeh the site crashed on the Launch Date. Its interesting to see where alot of crimes are located,
However i think its going to be bad for Property Buyers/Sellers, due to prices increasing/decreasing based on crime around the area(s)

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
The site isn't working for me, could this be because of traffic? can anyone else get on this, it's just loading and @Kaz it should be good to see were crime is in our area LAPD also have something like this.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
The site isn't working for me, could this be because of traffic? can anyone else get on this, it's just loading and @Kaz it should be good to see were crime is in our area LAPD also have something like this.

Yeh it takes a while to load if there's high traffic.

It could also be bad for Tourism if a well known Tourist Attraction 'area' has a bad crime rate aswell

Users who are viewing this thread