[TUT] V26 RP Hotel NOOB FRIENDLY [TUT][Simon]

Simon2k11

May 23, 2011
[TUT] V26 Retro RP Hotel Tutorial [TUT] [Simon]
Hey Guys!

Let me start by explaining this is my first tutorial and my spelling might not be 100% apart from that lets get started.

Ok today I am going to show you how to make a V26 RP Retro Hotel (please note this is the roll play version).

Things you will need:

WinRAR - (This is a program used to extract certain files such as; .RAR and .ZIP extensions)

Xampp 1.7.3 - (this is a program that allows you to "Host" your site on a VPS or your local computer)

MySQL OBDC connector - dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/ (This is a program used to upload and use/manage data bases)

Microsoft Visual C# - (This program allows you to manage your emulator and add/remove commands/errors)

A stable emu - I would recommend ObboRP Emulator ATM as that is stable here is a link - .

A stable CMS - I would recomend Xoa CMS v1 as it is stable and easy to use, here is a link -

Ok so:

Step 1 (instalation):
Install EVERYTHING you need and close it all, we will come to it one at a time.

Step 2 (setting up xampp):
When you install xampp, make sure you DO NOT install anything as a service, just Xampp it's self, now after you have installed Xampp and the MySQL connector >> Start Xampp >> Start Apache and MySQL so that they are both running

Now go onto your browser and type in : localhost/, that should bring you to a screen where it says CHOOSE Language, if so choose your language, and click on SECURITY on the left hand side, if however you do not see choose language, type in your browser localhost/security.
In the security section there will be a link to a change password page, click this and then type in your desired password TWICE as it says, and click change my password.

Step 3 (adding your database):

In the link I gave you for the Emulator there will be a link to download a database, download the database and stick it on your desktop.
Now on your browser go to, localhost/phpmyadmin and type the username: root and the password the one you just chose.
IT now brings you to a screen where you can create a database, in the box provided type in the name you want your database to be, I would choose rphotel then click create.

Now you should have created your database and in the tabs up the top there should be IMPORT, click that and then upload the database you just downloaded.
Once done, close the browser as you are done for now.

Step 4 (installing the CMS):
Now follow these steps:
Go onto "My Computer" >> Click on Your main drive C: >> Go down to Xampp >> Now click on HtDocs >> DELETE the contents inside of htdocs

Open up the Xoa CMS that you earlier downloaded and COPY and PASTE everything into the HTDOCS folder.

Now on your browser put in "localhost/install" this should bring you up to the Xoa install screen, continue through the install adding the details you need to, such us the username: root and password the one you chose earlier, leave the localhost bit as it is, fill in everything else, and create an admin character (this is the one YOU will use to log into your hotel) and at the end follow the instructions to DELETE the install folder in htdocs AFTER moving the config file from the INSTALL folder to the INCLUDES folder.

Step 5 (config the Emu and DCRS):
i.
Now we want to make sure the Emu will connect to the correct ip and the client also connects to the correct ip/ports, so this is how we do that:
Go to "localhost/phpmyadmin" >> Log In >> CLICK on your database on the left hand side >> Scroll down ON the left, till you see the one that says "System Config" click this.
Now edit the PORT to be 21 and the MUS PORT to be 20, then edit the IP to be: 127.0.0.1

ii.
Now head on over to "localhost/housekeeping" and log in using the admin character you just set up, click on settings >> Hotel >> change the first port to 21 the second port to 20 and the ip to 127.0.0.1 and click save.

iii.
Stay on the same screen and you will see DCRS, these are NEEDED to play your hotel, I would suggest to search this forum for working DCRS as I wont post any incase they stop working, If however you cannot find any, then view the source of a FRIENDS working hotel client, and you will find dcrs in there. one you find them fill them in on that screen and save.

Step 6 (playing your hotel):
Now go to your downloaded ObboRP emu and extract everything into a folder on the desktop call this folder "RetroRP"
When this is done go into the folder>> click Bin >> Debug >> Bin and click on the mysql config folder, fill this in as needed, with your Database name and your password (if it needs a username it will be root) and save it. Now go back to the begining and click on the Bin folder >> Debug >> the holo emulator application, this should then load and say ObboRP is now ready to Use!,

IF

It does not load and it closes because of an error, go back to The First folder and open up the Micrososft Visual C folder (Usualy the one that is 9kb big) and when this loads up in the TOP of visual C there will be a little green play button, CLICK this play button and a message should appear asking to run the last good version, Click yes.

One of these options should load your hotel and you should now be ready to play ON LOCALHOST, I will post another thread soon explaining how to (in most cases) make your hotel live.

Thank you for reading, if anyone has any questions please message me on here, remember this is my first TUT so be kind, I will include more SS's soon, it is just a bit late ATM.

Credits:
Sledmore - ObboRP Emu
Jammy-Jackson - Xoa CMS
Simon2k11 - TUT

Cablink

http://www.vroleplay.net - join now!
Feb 4, 2011
Download XAMPP 1.7.1, and see if it works.
Hopefully it does, goodluck with what ever your doing! :D

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Here is a list of working links:
Xampp 1.7.3:
Microsoft Visual C# Express 2010:
ObboRP Emulator: (Credits to Sledmore)

Mango2735

The Sexy One.
Oct 13, 2010
Um, This is a "Ok" Tutorial, but i recommend you Add more images and put it in a more understanding way. Also I recommend not using xoa cms it has many bugs, i managed to fix mine alont

Joe9147

Nov 15, 2011
Xampp 1.7.3:
Thank u very much

Jake7282

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
Jan 2, 2012
Xampp 1.7.3:
Thanks, this tutorial is confusing!

GregoryP

Jul 7, 2012
This is coming to me when i try to enter localhost/install

Warning: require_once(./includes/core.php) [ ]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\error.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [ ]: Failed opening required './includes/core.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\error.php on line 19

help

BeamHotel

Jun 30, 2012
This is coming to me when i try to enter localhost/install

Warning: require_once(./includes/core.php) [ ]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\error.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [ ]: Failed opening required './includes/core.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\error.php on line 19

help
use Xampp 1.7.1 or xampp 1.7.3 ur using a to newer version of xampp.

ProLegitZ

Jacob is here bitch !
May 11, 2012
[TUT] V26 Retro RP Hotel Tutorial [TUT] [Simon]
Hey Guys!

Let me start by explaining this is my first tutorial and my spelling might not be 100% apart from that lets get started.

Ok today I am going to show you how to make a V26 RP Retro Hotel (please note this is the roll play version).

Things you will need:

WinRAR - (This is a program used to extract certain files such as; .RAR and .ZIP extensions)

Xampp 1.7.3 - (this is a program that allows you to "Host" your site on a VPS or your local computer)

MySQL OBDC connector - dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/ (This is a program used to upload and use/manage data bases)

Microsoft Visual C# - (This program allows you to manage your emulator and add/remove commands/errors)

A stable emu - I would recommend ObboRP Emulator ATM as that is stable here is a link - .

A stable CMS - I would recomend Xoa CMS v1 as it is stable and easy to use, here is a link -

Ok so:

Step 1 (instalation):
Install EVERYTHING you need and close it all, we will come to it one at a time.

Step 2 (setting up xampp):
When you install xampp, make sure you DO NOT install anything as a service, just Xampp it's self, now after you have installed Xampp and the MySQL connector >> Start Xampp >> Start Apache and MySQL so that they are both running

Now go onto your browser and type in : localhost/, that should bring you to a screen where it says CHOOSE Language, if so choose your language, and click on SECURITY on the left hand side, if however you do not see choose language, type in your browser localhost/security.
In the security section there will be a link to a change password page, click this and then type in your desired password TWICE as it says, and click change my password.

Step 3 (adding your database):

In the link I gave you for the Emulator there will be a link to download a database, download the database and stick it on your desktop.
Now on your browser go to, localhost/phpmyadmin and type the username: root and the password the one you just chose.
IT now brings you to a screen where you can create a database, in the box provided type in the name you want your database to be, I would choose rphotel then click create.

Now you should have created your database and in the tabs up the top there should be IMPORT, click that and then upload the database you just downloaded.
Once done, close the browser as you are done for now.

Step 4 (installing the CMS):
Now follow these steps:
Go onto "My Computer" >> Click on Your main drive C: >> Go down to Xampp >> Now click on HtDocs >> DELETE the contents inside of htdocs

Open up the Xoa CMS that you earlier downloaded and COPY and PASTE everything into the HTDOCS folder.

Now on your browser put in "localhost/install" this should bring you up to the Xoa install screen, continue through the install adding the details you need to, such us the username: root and password the one you chose earlier, leave the localhost bit as it is, fill in everything else, and create an admin character (this is the one YOU will use to log into your hotel) and at the end follow the instructions to DELETE the install folder in htdocs AFTER moving the config file from the INSTALL folder to the INCLUDES folder.

Step 5 (config the Emu and DCRS):
i.
Now we want to make sure the Emu will connect to the correct ip and the client also connects to the correct ip/ports, so this is how we do that:
Go to "localhost/phpmyadmin" >> Log In >> CLICK on your database on the left hand side >> Scroll down ON the left, till you see the one that says "System Config" click this.
Now edit the PORT to be 21 and the MUS PORT to be 20, then edit the IP to be: 127.0.0.1

ii.
Now head on over to "localhost/housekeeping" and log in using the admin character you just set up, click on settings >> Hotel >> change the first port to 21 the second port to 20 and the ip to 127.0.0.1 and click save.

iii.
Stay on the same screen and you will see DCRS, these are NEEDED to play your hotel, I would suggest to search this forum for working DCRS as I wont post any incase they stop working, If however you cannot find any, then view the source of a FRIENDS working hotel client, and you will find dcrs in there. one you find them fill them in on that screen and save.

Step 6 (playing your hotel):
Now go to your downloaded ObboRP emu and extract everything into a folder on the desktop call this folder "RetroRP"
When this is done go into the folder>> click Bin >> Debug >> Bin and click on the mysql config folder, fill this in as needed, with your Database name and your password (if it needs a username it will be root) and save it. Now go back to the begining and click on the Bin folder >> Debug >> the holo emulator application, this should then load and say ObboRP is now ready to Use!,

IF

It does not load and it closes because of an error, go back to The First folder and open up the Micrososft Visual C folder (Usualy the one that is 9kb big) and when this loads up in the TOP of visual C there will be a little green play button, CLICK this play button and a message should appear asking to run the last good version, Click yes.

One of these options should load your hotel and you should now be ready to play ON LOCALHOST, I will post another thread soon explaining how to (in most cases) make your hotel live.

Thank you for reading, if anyone has any questions please message me on here, remember this is my first TUT so be kind, I will include more SS's soon, it is just a bit late ATM.

Credits:
Sledmore - ObboRP Emu
Jammy-Jackson - Xoa CMS
Simon2k11 - TUT
Good for noobs,
i know this is what you were aming for ;]

Users who are viewing this thread