TregolApp | a small word that connects the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
MUR4ODp.jpg

What is TregolApp?:
TregolApp is an online social media and social networking service based in Cairo, Egypt. TregolApp website was launched on 2017 by Marwan Khaled Elzeer (@mkelzeer), Abdelrahman Diaa, Ahmed Salama, Mohamed Saad Fouad, and Shady Amr Abbas (myself). We brought up with this idea, as we'd like to create our social network that is user-friendly, having new features and better than the Facebook. Our website is created by ourselves from scratch. Currently, we are working on an Android application - then, we'll work on the iOS application soon. We have a lot of many features that you can find it by yourself such as Messaging, Groups, Pages and many more.

Preview & current status:
You can register an account on the website: . The website may have a few bugs, however it'll be fixed as soon as possible alongside with the release of our new Android application. The project will remain closed-source, as we do not want to share the codes with anyone else.

P.S: We're on BETA stages!

Last edited:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Not even close to being better than Facebook, but glad to see an actual project on here at least.
Keep up the good work! I'll check it out once in a while :)

Sadly it's just PHP :(

I'd recommend for mobile app development.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
Not even close to being better than Facebook, but glad to see an actual project on here at least.
Keep up the good work! I'll check it out once in a while :)

Sadly it's just PHP :(

I'd recommend for mobile app development.
Thanks for your feedback, but I'd like to add some points.

1.) I know that we aren't even close to be better than Facebook, but we are TRYING to be.
2.) We'll be adding voice calls and many other features, so it won't be PHP only.
3.) I'll suggest about using react native, since we haven't heard of it before.

@Everyone; There will be new updates, soon.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
Official Android Application:

This is an temporary application, as we're gonna try react native.

This project seems very promising good luck
Thank you.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
One thing that comes to mind after seeing what you're trying to be, don't use other networks to let people register on yours.

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
I registered :)
~This looks great, however we need more of an English community on it.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
I registered :)
~This looks great, however we need more of an English community on it.
Thanks. There are some people from other countries, not just the Middle Eastern countries only.

P.S: We've added a verify badge system. You can add me if you guys want ( )

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2016
Me and a friend of mine checked the source of the feed page, and hell that's alot of unorganized code, JS and CSS here and there. I really hope that there will be an improvment on that.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Curious if you guys developed this yourselves or just used PHPStorm. It's odd seeing a large project built in PHP especially when you (should) prioritize speed for users

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Curious if you guys developed this yourselves or just used PHPStorm. It's odd seeing a large project built in PHP especially when you (should) prioritize speed for users
Many major applications run on PHP. Not want any debate in here on languages, as it isn't relevant and mostly personal preference. So from this post forwards, be warned.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
You should make a "what's happening" page to allure non registered users.
kjyEhzlbTkSnkIM7VbcmTQ.png

Kinda like twitter, but instead of world events you can just show the activity in the community of users who share public posts

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
the index of the website looks a little like instagrams? -.-
It doesn't look like the Instagram index. However, thanks for your feedback.

We have successfully finished our biggest update.

1. Added advertisement system. (Clicks, impressions)
2. Added story system.
3. Added group chat system.
4. Added the ability to edit comment's replies.
5. Added hide posts feature.
6. Added 300+ more emojis.
7. Added verification requests (requires: ID, photo, description).
8. Added new post sharing system.
9. Added registration invite system (Friends can invite you)
10. Improved Albums design.
11. Added "Who can see my friends" privacy option.
12. Added multi admins for groups and pages.
13. Added gifs using "Giphy" API for messages/posts.
14. Added page rate system, users can rate page from 0/5.
15. Added report system for profiles, pages, and groups.
16. Added family members list (add a friend as a brother, father etc..)
17. Added relationship assignment, (e.g: Lena is in a relationship with Dave).
18. Added find friends nearby (find friends near you within 100Kilometers).
19. Doubled the types of password encryption.
20. Fixed the trending system to be updated weekly.
21. Updated UI Library
22. Updated emojis library.
23. Fixed major bugs in the website. (+99)
24. Improved load speed X3.
25. Fixed 2 security exploits.
26. Added privacy option for users “Share my location with public?”.
27. Added multi currency in products shop.

We'll add many features in the coming few days, stay tuned!
Make sure to share our website with your friends and keep the connection live!

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012

@Shado - Though the load times aren't terrible, there's definitely room for improvement there. Try to lower the amount of requests by compacting JS/CSS into fewer files. Also minimize the code. I'd do this before you start adding ads as they are known to slow websites down quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
It's not odd to see large projects built in PHP (Facebook, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Tumblr...), speed can be achieved on any language if best practices are applied.

@Shado - Though the load times aren't terrible, there's definitely room for improvement there. Try to lower the amount of requests by compacting JS/CSS into fewer files. Also minimize the code. I'd do this before you start adding ads as they are known to slow websites down quite a bit.

I'll take your advice into consideration. At the moment, we're trying to optimize the code. Also, ads are toggled off until we find a solution for it (we found a bug in it and trying to fix it ASAP)

HJ4MxHU.jpg

This is our new design that we've been working on for so long time. We want your feedbacks and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread