Today was really hard..

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
So today, my grandad decided it was time to read the will. My Nan passed away Tuesday and the vicar came today so everyone was in one room and he thought it'd be an appropriate time to read the will - I think what hit me the most was that this was happening in realtime because the past few days it just didn't feel right, it didn't feel real. A few days before, I think Sunday? My Nan was gardening and picking strawberries for my Dad to take home, talking about my birthday and looked happy and healthy. What hit me was how quick she was there one minute and gone the next and the fact I actually had a full blown conversation with her 4 hours before she passed away again just talking about my birthday and what everyone was doing, she even planned what she was going to do when she came out. It was really hard today and I'm just hoping I'll be okay for the funeral on Thursday. I was really close to my Nan, she'd babysit us on the weekends and did that for 11 years, christ forbid, me and my brother spent alot of time with her whilst our parents worked when there was no school (Summer Holidays, half terms, weekends) She wasn't even old, she was 70. I'm worried about Grandad too, he's always been with her and she did everything for him..
So hey,
How do you get through times of grief because I'm just about managing?

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Sorry to hear. Condolences to you and famjly. I havnt gone through anything like this with any family I am close with.

I'm here if you need to talk ;)

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
So today, my grandad decided it was time to read the will. My Nan passed away Tuesday and the vicar came today so everyone was in one room and he thought it'd be an appropriate time to read the will - I think what hit me the most was that this was happening in realtime because the past few days it just didn't feel right, it didn't feel real. A few days before, I think Sunday? My Nan was gardening and picking strawberries for my Dad to take home, talking about my birthday and looked happy and healthy. What hit me was how quick she was there one minute and gone the next and the fact I actually had a full blown conversation with her 4 hours before she passed away again just talking about my birthday and what everyone was doing, she even planned what she was going to do when she came out. It was really hard today and I'm just hoping I'll be okay for the funeral on Thursday. I was really close to my Nan, she'd babysit us on the weekends and did that for 11 years, christ forbid, me and my brother spent alot of time with her whilst our parents worked when there was no school (Summer Holidays, half terms, weekends) She wasn't even old, she was 70. I'm worried about Grandad too, he's always been with her and she did everything for him..
So hey,
How do you get through times of grief because I'm just about managing?
I know how you feel, My nan passed 2 years ago at age of 54 due to cancer :( at the time it happened I had no Idea what was going on I couldn't even see her, then we got the worst phonecall ever at 12 in the morning but it still didn't sink in then what has actually happened until I got to her funeral it's sad I just couldnt believe it, my head was all over the place and i had no idea why, I started to get mad at one point for not doing more, seeing her more than I did.

Sorry to hear about that news Hannah, My condolences to you & your family.

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I picked up new hobbies after my grandmother passed away (who was only 50..). Hobbies such as coding and everything, and sometimes I would just have conversations with her as if she was still around. Honestly, the hardest part is realizing they're gone and sometimes it's better to go on and act as if they are still around - and to keep them around in your memory. I'm also sorry for your loss, and may she rest in peace.

r0ck

Megatron
Jul 18, 2015
Okay, I understand this is an older thread but I want to tell you something. I only have one grandparent left, I know what it feels like to loose people you were close with. I feel the best way to overcome this is to just have fun with your inner family; don't grieve, rejoice that your grandparent sees no more pain and is in a better place. Hope you feel much better now than a month before.

KingAdam

Apple Developer
Mar 30, 2015
I don't have my Grandma or Grandpa my Grandpa passed away 5 months ago. And I never got to see my nan

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
I'm sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family the best. If you need anything, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread