Thoughts on Habbo for iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
What are your thoughts on 'Habbo for iPad' ? I think it might boost up their business a bit and that it is a good idea. You?
maxresdefault.jpg

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
I think that this is an excellent move by Sulake. Habbo's target users are teens, and apps, especially on iOS, was the way to go. All they need now is word of mouth, and I think we'll be seeing a sprawl of new users on Habbo. Pretty excited myself, even though I stopped playing official Habbo years ago.

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
I think that this is an excellent move by Sulake. Habbo's target users are teens, and apps, especially on iOS, was the way to go. All they need now is word of mouth, and I think we'll be seeing a sprawl of new users on Habbo. Pretty excited myself, even though I stopped playing official Habbo years ago.
I agree.

Wouto

Posting Freak
FindRetros Moderator
May 31, 2011
I didn't expect this big "hype" via their Twitter to be an app for Habbo at all, although in my opinion it'd be useful for things like long journeys and things like that.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Releasing Habbo on Tablets, is a good way to gain more users / customers. But i dont think it will become better than the desktop version. This will bring revenue anyway.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
Releasing Habbo on Tablets, is a good way to gain more users / customers. But i dont think it will become better than the desktop version. This will bring revenue anyway.
I disagree. More kids play apps than web games. Habbo has realized this, and they acted accordingly by releasing this app. I'm positive their focus is on mobile now, and you'll see that in the coming days/weeks/months/years. With that being said, you can expect the iOS version to surpass the web version in the near future - just because most of their new users will be playing on iPad, not the web

Nerfed

Godzilla
Apr 9, 2013
I think it's good for long journey's, and whilst your in-bed or something.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
I disagree. More kids play apps than web games. Habbo has realized this, and they acted accordingly by releasing this app. I'm positive their focus is on mobile now, and you'll see that in the coming days/weeks/months/years. With that being said, you can expect the iOS version to surpass the web version in the near future - just because most of their new users will be playing on iPad, not the web
I will have to agree on that, This was a successful move by Sulake, But i wouldn't expect the iOS Version surpassing the web version. Maybe I am wrong, but lets see in the future. The community on Habbo was in decline, but with the iPad this will flow a huge user population on the site, more advance stuff then we can see now. The only thing which would bring alot of revenue is Habbo server's ;) Just like Minecraft concept so they would gain revenue and more users.
---------------------------------------------------------
OFT: [MOD NOTE: There was no need for this, removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mexicano

El Patrón
Aug 14, 2013
I think it was a great idea by sulake to make a habbo version for ipad, it will easily gain them more reputation and users. I hope to see more of this moves from sulake.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
You have to remember that the reason for gambling stopping on Habbo is due to the iPad app. If you place more than 10 dice in a room they no longer role because gambling is banned. The reason for it is if they put Habbo on the app store (with gambling on) it would be set as 18+ by iTunes but Habbo doesn't want to be "portrayed" that way.

So it's kind of a really big downside.

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
You have to remember that the reason for gambling stopping on Habbo is due to the iPad app. If you place more than 10 dice in a room they no longer role because gambling is banned. The reason for it is if they put Habbo on the app store (with gambling on) it would be set as 18+ by iTunes but Habbo doesn't want to be "portrayed" that way.

They just fucked themselves. Big time.

Vitix

Jan 19, 2013

Cool man!

JPride

Jan 12, 2014
I think it has changed many life's, More kids are getting iPads and Tablets now instead of Laptop's and Desktop's, I think Sulake have realised this and that's why they are starting to do this.

Meap

Don't need glasses if you C#
Nov 7, 2010
Could help boost it a bit, Habbo has died quite a lot from what it used to be with like 15k+ online to like 3k+ now

Whip

- FiveM Server Developer -
Nov 6, 2013
Probs the smartest thing habbo has done in a while it will boost users definitely i think it's a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread