This is a suggestion!

CoderLewis

Jan 19, 2011
I have a few suggestions so i tell one by one,

1, Let users have a voting page BUT It has to have in bold clear writing, If you do not want to vote, Click here to enter hotel.

So then hotels are getting votes, but there not forced to vote?

2, Code a system for hotels like If you vote you recive like 500 credits mabey.
(They vote on hotels site with html from coded system and they recive credits when the voted and it counted to the votes on thehabbos.org)

3, Sell advertisment? People will pay alot for it, like front page more expensive then second ect.

I have more but you can look at these first ;)

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
1 and 3 are pretty good
2 should be coded by the owner of the hotel if they want it not rasta

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Some good ideas.
Suggestion 2 has been suggested here -

Even though in the link i gave above, Rasta has said he has made this (and not implemented)
The hotel owner should really code it, but if Rasta does add this in, he also gains 'brownie points' as he has saved some hotels the effort in coding it

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
1. If they are not being forced to vote then what does it matter if it is there or not, they can click the button if they wish to vote?
2. This wouldn't work as all hotels are coded differently (i.e. HoloCMS, Old Skool, PHPRetro, UberCMS, and the list goes on..) so it would be difficult for one script to work on so many different sites.
3. It wouldn't be fair to others who don't have as much money and work there way to the top to be beaten by a crap hotel with loads of money?
---Edit---
@Kaz he coded one that shows stats etc on the site, not that adds credits to a user that has voted.

Nov 23, 2010
good ideas , but hotel owners shud code it .

OFT : source for hotels :
PHP:
<?php  
mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "abc123"); // change pass!
mysql_select_db("holodb"); // change db
?>
<form method='post' action='link for thehabbos vote goes here!'> <!-- Change link -->
<input type='submit' value='Vote for us!' name='vote'>
</form>
<?php if($_POST['vote']) {
mysql_query("UPDATE users SET credits = credits + 300 WHERE id = '$user->id'");
}
else {
return false;
}
?>
works only in phpretro , anyway that will get your credits if you type "Vote for us" button , then its their choice if they vote on thehabbos or not . anyway logical if they type the button , they will obv vote.

Users who are viewing this thread