The retro scene is dead

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
It may not actually be dead but we can all pretty much agree its past due and no where near what the community used to be. I guess as time goes by things reach their peak and lose relevancy. I just cant get myself to play retros anymore. Its just not the same and very boring compared to 5 years ago. I remember when retros actually stood out and had different and unique things about them. Now its all the same generic plusemu and revcms edits.

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
It may not actually be dead but we can all pretty much agree its past due and no where near what the community used to be. I guess as time goes by things reach their peak and lose relevancy. I just cant get myself to play retros anymore. Its just not the same and very boring compared to 5 years ago. I remember when retros actually stood out and had different and unique things about them. Now its all the same generic plusemu and revcms edits.
It's definetely getting quieter, but remember you're ageing too. I'm interested to see what happens next year as (hopefully) some retros move from Flash.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
you say retros are dead & you comment on other posts saying you don't play anymore but how would you know if they are dead if you don't play them? ;)

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
you say retros are dead & you comment on other posts saying you don't play anymore but how would you know if they are dead if you don't play them? ;)
damn arent you einstein. as far as playing goes i dont register on retros or go on the client. i just browse the threads on here and can see how dead they are compared to years ago.
Post automatically merged:

It's definetely getting quieter, but remember you're ageing too. I'm interested to see what happens next year as (hopefully) some retros move from Flash.
i find it hard to believe aging has made me lose interest in retros but rather ive been playing them since early 09 and see what they were and what they are now. too many changes and it got boring which made me quit

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
damn arent you einstein. as far as playing goes i dont register on retros or go on the client. i just browse the threads on here and can see how dead they are compared to years ago.
Post automatically merged:

i find it hard to believe aging has made me lose interest in retros but rather ive been playing them since early 09 and see what they were and what they are now. too many changes and it got boring which made me quit
Of course growing up makes you lose interest. It's the same with games, TV shows etc. I've been playing Habbo/retros since 2005, I haven't touched retros like I used to back when I was 12-13, but yes I totally understand that retros aren't as popular or as good as they used to be, you need to appreciate the good ones though, pretty sure Habboon has been around for the past 8 years or so.

hondhond

Mar 11, 2020
yeah I was wondering too. What does flash stopping mean for habbo retro's. will it still work or do they have to find something else?

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
I think when you get to an age after playing for a while, you sorta get bored. You come back after a while but you get bored again. The process repeats for some.

Seeing as it potentially is the final year of retros all together, we can see people leaving with the death of flash.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I think when you get to an age after playing for a while, you sorta get bored. You come back after a while but you get bored again. The process repeats for some.

Seeing as it potentially is the final year of retros all together, we can see people leaving with the death of flash.
I agree. Although alternative browsers will still be a thing for a while.

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
I could be wrong BUT I think retros aren't really seeing younger generations; this is potentially the reason behind a lack of user base, we pretty much grew up playing retros (all they do now is eat hot chip n twerk). I was on Habboon recently and I only realized og's were back, those are people 20 years of age+.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I could be wrong BUT I think retros aren't really seeing younger generations; this is potentially the reason behind a lack of user base, we pretty much grew up playing retros (all they do now is eat hot chip n twerk). I was on Habboon recently and I only realized og's were back, those are people 20 years of age+.
Yeah I agree. The community is also very toxic for younger generations. A lot of people think they’re unsafe while playing retros.

Users who are viewing this thread