The Future Of Habbo {News}

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
This is quoted from fansite HabboCreate.

Recently a news article was posted on a Finnish website which interviewed the current CEO of Sulake (Liisa Puurunen) of which they went into detail about the future of Habbo, Sulake and their ideas and hopes for the businesses' future successes. Whilst we are all hoping for advertisement and prosperity to return to our much loved game, it seems unlikely. Liisa states that advertisements are not on the agenda and promotion for the brand 'Habbo' is not something they are looking forward to in the near future, but instead hoping that existing, old and loyal players continue to headline the brand and bring in new users through word of mouth. Lissa also states that closure of hotels, specifically (The Finnish hotel) is not likely, even though this hotel is struggling to average 300+ concurrent daily visitors, they still state there are no plans for closure. I assume this news will come of much relief to the Finnish fan base still surrounding the hotel. She also goes on to state that Sulake is doing well, and is profitable and will be around for the foreseeable future, Hotels such as Brazil and .COM still keep the business afloat with their large player bases which make up their combined 6 figure total number of players still actively playing the game today.

Looking to the future
You must be registered for see images attach
226d11d5f154b89b450a80c975101b60cf551c7c.jpg

With the prospect of hotel closures rumors squashed, you must be thinking... where can Habbo go from here and what are their plans for the future? We ask the same question and wonder whether or not this game we have loved for a decade and more now, will still continue to exist in 5 years time. Liisa goes on to mention their future plans to remain relevant in the gaming world by building a new online platform, which has been in the works for quite some time and is expected to release in 2018, this virtual world is entirely based on mobile, 3D and also strangely, is themed and situated around a hotel. We believe this to be the game which has been around for quite some time under a different business name, but we could be wrong. In addition to this we are also expecting Sulake to take action on the death of Flash which will occur in 2018, which means Habbo must be moving to a different platform to prolong its sustainability.

Whilst I hope on a personal note this new project they are proposing is not Hotel Hideaway, I fear that this project (based on what has been outlined in this article) is indeed the project they are working on and is their flag ship game which they hope to take into the future, working directly on mobile. I believe that this moved to abandon or at least switch focuses away from Habbo is a poor effort and disappointing result for a game which has potential to be so much more than it is today, focusing entirely on mobile and forcing users into a mobile experience for a game that has been beloved on PC for generations seems ridiculous and will surely alienated the market which they hope to capture. The game itself; Hotel Hideaway lacks depth, interest and unique social interaction which Habbo has already successfully established for 15 years.

Habbo needs more love, time and development dedication put into the game, to be given a marketing budget and growth to push the game into the 21st Century and to build on the platform it has already captured, I feel that Sulakes continued ignorance and evasion of the brand is devastating for the community and product and will surely bring about the coming death of the game in years from now. Our community voice is loud and our community is proud, cares deeply and loves Habbo and for years now, our ideas, hopes and cries for help have been ignored by Sulake. I feel that if the brand actually was to take action, make positive change and continue to support this game, success will surely follow once again and the Logo which hangs above the image below will be known world wide once again by a younger, brighter generation.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
In reality, Habbo is a poisoned brand. It's wise of them to focus on other ideas they have. I imagine with the new project, they're hoping to draw in new players in a new market under a new name, rather than please the current community which is quite happy on Habbo, and probably smaller than the potential player base a new game may have the ability bring in. There are still pedos on Habbo, it's just such a small game that it's not talked about anymore. All you have to do is dress as a girl and walk into Club NX for 30 seconds. A new game gives them a fresh start and many more opportunities than trying to improve Habbo, which has had so much bad press and negativity, it's probably beyond repair.

Jerry

not rly active lol
Jul 8, 2013
In addition to this we are also expecting Sulake to take action on the death of Flash which will occur in 2018, which means Habbo must be moving to a different platform to prolong its sustainability.
I could have sworn Adobe will be killing Flash completely in 2020?

Users who are viewing this thread