Thank you PeakRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riz

Apr 25, 2012
Yesterday, after 5 years, PeakRP closed its doors for good.
Since some of the Peak Staff members are on this forum, I would like to thank them for these 5 years of joy and many new friendships.
Personally I used to have a very rough and lonely time during the first Covid lockdown, since I couldn't see or visit my friends. But when Peak made it's v5 comeback around May 2020, I started to feel a lot better. I made a lot of new (virtual) friends and i'm staying in touch with them every single day, even though I see my irl friends on a daily base again.
This story is quite personal, and people will have their opinions about it and about me after reading this. But that's ok for me, everyone can have their opinion.

I really want to thank @CosmoPeak, @Owen, and @Haid for these amazing years on PeakRP. You guys really don't know what you have done for people like me.

x
Rick

onacceptable

Queen of the Button mashing
Oct 23, 2019
Yesterday, after 5 years, PeakRP closed its doors for good.
Since some of the Peak Staff members are on this forum, I would like to thank them for these 5 years of joy and many new friendships.
Personally I used to have a very rough and lonely time during the first Covid lockdown, since I couldn't see or visit my friends. But when Peak made it's v5 comeback around May 2020, I started to feel a lot better. I made a lot of new (virtual) friends and i'm staying in touch with them every single day, even though I see my irl friends on a daily base again.
This story is quite personal, and people will have their opinions about it and about me after reading this. But that's ok for me, everyone can have their opinion.

I really want to thank @CosmoPeak, @Owen, and @Haid for these amazing years on PeakRP. You guys really don't know what you have done for people like me.

x
Rick
awh man this is some sadd news right there well anyways it did help a bit during lockdown :)

Reactions: Riz

Alphas

Oct 14, 2021
bro why did they remove access from forum I just wanna see the Orbit 5V5 Gang Tournament video :/ if somehow owen could drop his vimeo account name so i could watch lmao

RizyGFX

Graphics Designer
Feb 26, 2018
definitely gonna miss you guys PeakRP left a huge footprint in the retro world. being the BEST rp there is. sad to see you guys go but i wish you the best thanks for sticking around for these many years. @CosmoPeak @Haid @Owen

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
bro why did they remove access from forum I just wanna see the Orbit 5V5 Gang Tournament video :/ if somehow owen could drop his vimeo account name so i could watch lmao

I can't remember exactly which account it's on. It's split across multiple to bypass limitations.

leahspx

Aug 25, 2021
Hi! PeakRP was great, I just wanted to join the thread - is there any idea where or which other retro PeakRP users have gone onto to play?

Riz

Apr 25, 2012
yes most users r onto HabboRP rightnow, and its opening in this months, u can check the discord its gg/habborp
definitely not going to play habborp. there wont be another rp like peak and it's somehow funny to see how other people try to recreate it.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
definitely not going to play habborp. there wont be another rp like peak and it's somehow funny to see how other people try to recreate it.
RPs existed before Peak and will most likely continue after. . Peak was one of the best but RP's must live on!

Riz

Apr 25, 2012
RPs existed before Peak and will most likely continue after. . Peak was one of the best but RP's must live on!
True, but i'm not planning to play a literal copy of Peak. Doesn't feel right.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
True, but i'm not planning to play a literal copy of Peak. Doesn't feel right.
If you are really into RPs there are a few actually opening I can't imagine they would all be replicating peak however, it's worth a shot to see what they have going on.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
Actually, I looked at BlissRP( Reopening with the nitro client) and it did not copy peak, it had a different UI, map, etc.
Personally, I did not like it but it meets your criteria.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I just had a look around, literally every RP is attempting to go 1:1 with PeakRP features.. Even the map/UI/CMS It's insane. It would be 100x easier to develop an RP based upon your own ideas rather than to copy. I guess some people aren't innovative enough
Guess you haven't seen every RP yet 😉

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
Peak was based off Sledmore's RP emulator
As far as I know sledmore has never released an RP emulator (and he didn't give us anything, which is a random lie people like Darkstar say to try and make it seem like we had a head start!) we built the RP from the original PlusEMU release - it came with nothing RP related. 👍

There's a massive playerbase still interested in RP's so it's not a bad idea to try and replicate a lot of what we did, something like that owned by the right person would do well right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread