Technical Issues with Keyboard Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
Hi there, so basically I am having technical issues with my LAPTOP KEYBOARD and I am currently using a wireless keyboard as a temporary replacement as I have no clue how to fix.
So, I turn my laptop on and login, then it loads everything up (Windows 10) and when I go on a search bar such as Google Chrome or Start Menu to type something in, certain letters start playing up so for example; when I type 'n' it shows up as 'n-----------------' and it keeps spamming '-----------' afterwards, I have checked under both keys and ensured that they are clean and I have uninstalled/reinstalled the keyboard drivers but still unsure of the problem, this happens to other keys too, not just the letter 'n'. Also sometimes I could type something such as 'how' and it would come up as 'h-ow-' or I may type in a letter such as 't' and it would show up as 'tsn' when I didn't type in 'sn' afterwards. It is very hard to explain and I do not know what the problem is or how to fix? Anyone know any sort of way to fix this? Otherwise I'll have to buy a new laptop.

P.S. Sorry for the huge paragraph, tried to explain this the best way as possible so you could understand.

Last edited:

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Try
  • Cleaning your keyboard
  • Restarting the PC completely (obviously)
  • Maybe try disabling the built in keyboard in the BIOS then re-enabling it
Sounds like your issue is sadly physically related to some shit stuck in the keyboard, if it's driver/software related a bios disable/enable should fix it.

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Ah i think i know what's wrong here, it's a common GPX-56 error when the input and output of inocming and outcoming shock waves do not match causing the core of ZH-Generator to fail reading the script.That will cause a series of errors on your motherboard which will end up by miss palcing the selected/asked buttons in your system.My recommendation would be to get new Apache Keyboard 9000 of death and turn off the lights in your refrigerator.

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
Try
  • Cleaning your keyboard
  • Restarting the PC completely (obviously)
  • Maybe try disabling the built in keyboard in the BIOS then re-enabling it
Sounds like your issue is sadly physically related to some shit stuck in the keyboard, if it's driver/software related a bios disable/enable should fix it.
I've already stated that I have cleaned out the keyboard, especially the keys which are affected and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Keyboard drivers of my laptop.

Ah i think i know what's wrong here, it's a common GPX-56 error when the input and output of inocming and outcoming shock waves do not match causing the core of ZH-Generator to fail reading the script.That will cause a series of errors on your motherboard which will end up by miss palcing the selected/asked buttons in your system.My recommendation would be to get new Apache Keyboard 9000 of death and turn off the lights in your refrigerator.
Adam, you are full of shit and don't know what you are talking about. Sorry.

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
I've already stated that I have cleaned out the keyboard, especially the keys which are affected and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Keyboard drivers of my laptop.

Adam, you are full of shit and don't know what you are talking about. Sorry.
Try enabling and disabling the built in keyboard in the bios, just make sure you have your usb keyboard around or you'll be locked out after reboot lol.

Google: enter bios on <name of your laptop>
Then, once you're in the bios (or uefi bios same shit) built in keyboard should be under devices i think. depends on your bios

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
Try enabling and disabling the built in keyboard in the bios, just make sure you have your usb keyboard around or you'll be locked out after reboot lol.

Google: enter bios on <name of your laptop>
Then, once you're in the bios (or uefi bios same shit) built in keyboard should be under devices i think. depends on your bios
Thanks for helping, nothing is working, it may be the - keys, I have taken them out and put them back in, everything was going fine and it has started doing it again, so just going to keep trying and cleaning underneath the key, even though nothing is under it? So weird.
generally?Thats so not true im always right.
No you're not always right.

Paypal

Freelance developer
Apr 1, 2017
I am talking about cleaning the "-" keys, I have cleaned them but keeps spamming "------------", can't figure out the fucking problem.
Something may be triggering your keys to spam that exact key but i dont recommend using a wireless keyboard

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
Something may be triggering your keys to spam that exact key but i dont recommend using a wireless keyboard
I had to use a wireless keyboard because I thought it would help the issue, and stop the spamming of the key. I have tried cleaning the key and everything, not working. Unsure what to do. My laptop keyboard was working fine a month ago??

Paypal

Freelance developer
Apr 1, 2017
I had to use a wireless keyboard because I thought it would help the issue, and stop the spamming of the key. I have tried cleaning the key and everything, not working. Unsure what to do. My laptop keyboard was working fine a month ago??
Hm, try using a keyboard that can conenct your laptop via usb port and see what happens then

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Thanks for helping, nothing is working, it may be the - keys, I have taken them out and put them back in, everything was going fine and it has started doing it again, so just going to keep trying and cleaning underneath the key, even though nothing is under it? So weird.

No you're not always right.
You could always disable the "-" key from the keymap, not sure how but a google search should help

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
Yeah, I am looking into that right now, there's an application called "MapKeyboard", going to download it and disable the "-" key as this is causing the major problem.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Have you dropped it or spilt something on your keyboard lately? Sounds like the "-" key is constantly being pressed, probably need to see somebody in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread