Take-Two shutdown OpenIV

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
Recently Take-Two shutdown OpenIV a tool for SinglePlayer mods. As well as some big mod menus that used it to bring it to online.

Here's an article;

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Yeah i was confused as to why they decided to do this now, in 2017. I used OpenIV way back then, it was great.
I wonder what's going to happen now to the already dying gta 4 modding community /shrug

Last edited:

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Wasn't aware of what has happened, but I did bump into the Steam reviews and was like 'holyfuck wat', so many reviews left by players that really love this game and have put 100s if not thousands of hours into it - kinda shows how much of a shitty decision it was for them.

Also saw this, lol:

Ari

Sep 29, 2010
Take-Two take down anything that they feel is a threat to GTA Online. Thats why every multiplayer mod like samp for GTA V gets taken down within a month. They are money whoring scumbags. I feel bad for Rockstar.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Take-Two take down anything that they feel is a threat to GTA Online. Thats why every multiplayer mod like samp for GTA V gets taken down within a month. They are money whoring scumbags. I feel bad for Rockstar.
Yeah i was confused as to why they decided to do this now, in 2017. I used OpenIV way back then, it was great.
I wonder what's going to happen now to the already dying gta 4 modding community /shrug
Oh wow, i wasn't even aware that OpenIV continued onto gtav aswell.. damn that really sucks.
I personally never used openIV for gta5, just 4. For gta5 i used ragepluginhook.net

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Looks like the uproar made Take Two drop charges against OpenIV and adjust their modding policies. OpenIV development continues, a new version was recently pushed.

Users who are viewing this thread