SWF 404 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

danoontjeh

Feb 25, 2019
Hey guys,
I've tried finding a thread about this but can't really seem to find my problem.
I got pretty much everything working for my hotel, using PlusEmu, but there seems to be one problem, furniture having no swf files linked to them. Whenever I open developer console in browser I get 404 errors for basically all of them, cause somewhere it's pointing to plusemu.dev instead of localhost, but I just can't seem to find where I forgot to change it. Changed all the config files I could find info about online, even used software to search all files for the 'plusemu.dev' string so I could replace it, but can't seem to find it. I'm pretty much stuck now, anyone has any idea?
If anything isn't clear feel free to ask so I can clarify.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Hey guys,
I've tried finding a thread about this but can't really seem to find my problem.
I got pretty much everything working for my hotel, using PlusEmu, but there seems to be one problem, furniture having no swf files linked to them. Whenever I open developer console in browser I get 404 errors for basically all of them, cause somewhere it's pointing to plusemu.dev instead of localhost, but I just can't seem to find where I forgot to change it. Changed all the config files I could find info about online, even used software to search all files for the 'plusemu.dev' string so I could replace it, but can't seem to find it. I'm pretty much stuck now, anyone has any idea?
If anything isn't clear feel free to ask so I can clarify.
Variables and override variables in the SWF’s

danoontjeh

Feb 25, 2019
What’s the first few lines in your variables?
The external_variables.txt you mean right? I pasted it in pastebin

also just to clarify, it's basically all swf files that are 404, just whatever item it tries to load it tries to load it from plusemu.dev
error in developer console looks like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
The external_variables.txt you mean right? I pasted it in pastebin

also just to clarify, it's basically all swf files that are 404, just whatever item it tries to load it tries to load it from plusemu.dev
error in developer console looks like this:
You must be registered for see images attach
And when you search plusemu.dev nothing is found?

danoontjeh

Feb 25, 2019
And when you search plusemu.dev nothing is found?
Nope, just can't find it, searched in all possible config files, txt files, other files, just can't figure out where it's referring to plusemu.dev :(
I'm probably just missing 1 single thing somewhere, as I'm not too experienced with Retro's, but I just don't see what it is

update: I feel like the biggest idiot ever, but after 3 hours of tunnelvision someone mentioned the cache to me, so I cleared it, and guess what.. it's working now. Dumb mistake, but happens sometimes I guess, anyway thanks for helping <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
If you are using Notepad++ you can search all files in a directory for a certain phrase

As seen here

I seen it is solved but maybe useful for others or future use :)

danoontjeh

Feb 25, 2019
If you are using Notepad++ you can search all files in a directory for a certain phrase

As seen here

I seen it is solved but maybe useful for others or future use :)
I see, I do use it but ended up using grepWin to search for the string, interesting to see Notepad++ would've done the trick as well. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread