1. Tired of not being able to see links? Want to chat with other members? Need help?

Summer ~ Dynamic Angular CMS

Discussion in 'Development' started by LeChris, Apr 15, 2018 at 3:54 PM.

1. LeChris

LeChris Heroic Two

[​IMG]
    Idealogy
    Summer is going to be a content management system with an emphasis on dynamically created websites. It will utilize AngularJS for the moment with a plan to move towards Vue in the future. The backend will be created with Node.js and will use a REST API.

In the future more options may exist, such as a theme system, dynamic navigation and so forth. However due to time restrictions, this may be a slower development.

Components
    Despite this being a "dynamic" website, some components will still be needed. Perhaps a plugin system could be added in the future, however for now I will just go with my own component-based features. It will include a blog system, user system and of course the regular page system. I hope for this to function as a light version of Wordpress.

Management
    As a content management system, administration is a vital part of the website. The ability to manage components ranging from the blog to users will be incorporated into an admin panel. You will also be able to edit page content within the panel and in the future make changes directly to the CSS content.

Got Ideas?
    Feel free to comment your ideas down below. Many things are possible within this project such as exploring GraphQL.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

Follow The Development
    The development will be available publicly on Github, just as my other projects have been.
    [ Want to see this link? Register ! ]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 8:39 PM
    Holmes likes this.
  2. Sentinel

Sentinel Liquid Swords

Definitely go for GraphQL and Apollo.
    If not why not just go for a Meteor + Angular + Apollo stack?

[ Want to see this link? Register ! ] / [ Want to see this link? Register ! ] or if you really wanna step up the game [ Want to see this link? Register ! ] :cool:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 4:17 PM
  3. Holmes

Holmes BYPASSING OVERRIDE Staff Member FindRetros Moderator

Looks good, Chris. Awesome to see some projects again. Just one question, why not start with Vue if you plan on moving towards it?

Sentinel likes this.
  4. LeChris

LeChris Heroic Two

I'm currently pulling overtime 6 days a week and don't have the time to learn Vue. Waiting until life dies down a bit and my work schedule calms back down

5. Holmes

Holmes BYPASSING OVERRIDE Staff Member FindRetros Moderator

Personally, I'd still go for Vue directly, otherwise you'd have to rewrite a lot of code.

RastaLulz and Sentinel like this.
  6. BMX

BMX Member

Looking forward to seeing more of the development progress, best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. LeChris

LeChris Heroic Two

Not much in terms of feature updates. however I am delegating time (before) building on the back-end to learn Vue and build a front-end in it. This project will come in Series and will not be a true competition for things such as Wordpress or any other CMS for quite some time.

(Just learned the single file components system :D)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Original Post Date: Apr 17, 2018 at 4:46 PM ---
    Posted another nightly update.
    • Added more components
      • Breadcrumbs is now a component [ Want to see this link? Register ! ]
      • Separating pages into multiple components ie (Blog) [ Want to see this link? Register ! ]
      • Components also use props to help prepare for adding backend compatibility
    • Changed Jumbotron to just use a v-if on the $route.name
    • Getting a bit more comfortable with Vue except have yet to touch up on API calls, sessions or anything of importance :p But it's a very organized system so far that feels like a joy to play with.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2018 at 8:39 PM ---
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Holmes likes this.