Retro Sulake Report, Fake or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic

Apr 23, 2012
I received this email from CloudFlare on behalf of Sulake. Please help me out. I think it is fake. What do you think?

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
I have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed above has been authorized by Sulake shouldn't it be I have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed above have been authorized by Sulake

Pro

Insane in the midbrain.
Oct 14, 2010
This looks pretty fake to be honest but you may just want to ask @Leon & Quackster about it they know better than me so I'm just gonna leave it to that.

You may want to include the mail of the sender as well because that could really bring out the end result of whether it's real or not.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Shouldn't there be a phone number in the claim? Neither do I see any signature which is required. Links to the infrigning work is also required, but I don't know if your website url alone is cutting it.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Nothing to worry about. CloudFlare are required to forward your actual IP and that is all they'll do. Habboon gets one of these every week, sometimes even 2.

Chaotic

Apr 23, 2012
Thanks everyone for your responses, I found the same exact thing on another forum claiming it to be fake.

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
i received one of these and then after 2 weeks we got shutdown by sulake ... R.I.P Chrome-hotel.org ;-;

Chaotic

Apr 23, 2012
i received one of these and then after 2 weeks we got shutdown by sulake ... R.I.P Chrome-hotel.org ;-;
I am a small hotel, if hotels like Habboon aren't getting shut down, why would we?

Pro

Insane in the midbrain.
Oct 14, 2010
They don't pick the small hotels because they don't have much members. Habboon mostly ignore them ( if they get them ).

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9070 met Tapatalk

Sep 21, 2012
This is a fake email.

I have my self been receiving this sort of email and has been sending the same email to others. You need to ask CF for the email address that sent that mail too you. If it was Olga, then it should be something like [email protected].

This is an email I have sent to CF before, regarding other hotels:

Reporter's Name: Olga Sanchez
Copyright Holder's Name: Yes I am

Reporter's Email Address: [email protected]
Reporter's Company Name: Sulake Corporation Oy
Reporter's Telephone Number: +34 915623648
Reporter's Address: Francisco Remiro 2, edif. D 2º Madrid, Madrid ES

Reported URLs:

Original Work: The following information is presented for the purposes of removing web content that infringes on our copyright per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
We appreciate your enforcement of copyright law and support of our rights in this matter.
We request you to remove the above detailed website from your server. The website in question is an “emulation” server which uses code and images for our product Habbo Hotel ( ) created and
copyrighted by Sulake Corporation (hereinafter “Sulake”).

Our copyright ownership is clearly stated on the site thus:

“© 2004 – 2012 Sulake Corporation Oy. Habbo is a registered trademark of Sulake Corporation Oy in the European Union, the USA, Japan, the People’s Republic of China and various other jurisdictions. All rights reserved.”

I have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed above has been authorized by Sulake, its agents or the law.
I hereby confirm that all of the above information is accurate and that I am authorised to act on behalf of Sulake, the owner of the copyrights identified above.

I want you to shut this site down and file out an email regarding the personal affair that the owner of the server may or may not have.

Regards,

Olga Sanchez

This was sent by me to CF 03.06.13

Wesleigh

Hi.
Dec 30, 2011
To be perfectly honest, the grammar in that towards the end is disgusting. I doubt Sulake would write such terrible English, so your chances are it's fake.

Reactions: Pro

Wesleigh

Hi.
Dec 30, 2011
This is a fake email.

I have my self been receiving this sort of email and has been sending the same email to others. You need to ask CF for the email address that sent that mail too you. If it was Olga, then it should be something like [email protected].

This is an email I have sent to CF before, regarding other hotels:

Reporter's Name: Olga Sanchez
Copyright Holder's Name: Yes I am

Reporter's Email Address: [email protected]
Reporter's Company Name: Sulake Corporation Oy
Reporter's Telephone Number: +34 915623648
Reporter's Address: Francisco Remiro 2, edif. D 2º Madrid, Madrid ES

Reported URLs:

Original Work: The following information is presented for the purposes of removing web content that infringes on our copyright per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
We appreciate your enforcement of copyright law and support of our rights in this matter.
We request you to remove the above detailed website from your server. The website in question is an “emulation” server which uses code and images for our product Habbo Hotel ( ) created and
copyrighted by Sulake Corporation (hereinafter “Sulake”).

Our copyright ownership is clearly stated on the site thus:

“© 2004 – 2012 Sulake Corporation Oy. Habbo is a registered trademark of Sulake Corporation Oy in the European Union, the USA, Japan, the People’s Republic of China and various other jurisdictions. All rights reserved.”

I have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed above has been authorized by Sulake, its agents or the law.
I hereby confirm that all of the above information is accurate and that I am authorised to act on behalf of Sulake, the owner of the copyrights identified above.

I want you to shut this site down and file out an email regarding the personal affair that the owner of the server may or may not have.

Regards,

Olga Sanchez

This was sent by me to CF 03.06.13

Two massive indicators that the attached email is fake is the copyright date, and the Copyright Holder's Name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread