Sulake have plans for Habbo after Flash's death in 2020

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
They're probably gonna fork Electron while it still uses a Chromium version with Flash support, so that'd be a problem solved. Drop-down to switch between hotels and CMS and client in the same app.

Leeroy

playsky.pw
Oct 24, 2015
You must be registered for see images attach

WaltzMatilda spotted on habbo talking about a beta for the "non flash" version of Habbo

Last edited:

Myst

Feb 12, 2019
Pretty sure moving to HTML5 would mean better performance, and would be easier to maintain server-side...never really had experience with HTML5 so I wouldn't actually know. Hopefully Sulake does go the HTML5 root though...surely the retro community will still be able to rip from them(their HTML5 web-based version.)

And I also heard that Habboon is currently in development for an HTML5 client.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Pretty sure moving to HTML5 would mean better performance, and would be easier to maintain server-side...never really had experience with HTML5 so I wouldn't actually know. Hopefully Sulake does go the HTML5 root though...surely the retro community will still be able to rip from them(their HTML5 web-based version.)

And I also heard that Habboon is currently in development for an HTML5 client.
HTML5 (could) be better in performance but JS is very easy to fuck up and have memory leaks, almost more so than other languages. So I wouldn't be extremely optimistic for a performance optimized experience

Users who are viewing this thread