• MySQL

• Cassandra

• Oracle

• CouchDB

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2018
Fair enough, by the way i was going to work on my own and create a CMS for it also, being as you have started one if you want to collaborate or for me to make a CMS for this we can discuss if you PM me.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Fair enough, by the way i was going to work on my own and create a CMS for it also, being as you have started one if you want to collaborate or for me to make a CMS for this we can discuss if you PM me.
There'll be no CMS needed for this project, as I've actually forgot to mention before now.
Only thing required is a login and register.
Everything will be implemented natively into the game client.
News, shop, forum, settings etc.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I've created the room stairs from the right angle.
I see where the tile is connecting with the stairs, its off by a pixel or two, so I need to find out what's causing that.

3C233yn.png

Codepen:

I've added a Discord server for this project!

Join here:

Last edited:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I've made the repository public

cabeludo007

May 25, 2013
Great Great Project, Congratulations!
I'm very curious about the avatar figure rendering and coloring for animation frames. How did u make plan to do?

lincoln67

Nov 2, 2017
So you haven't pushed any changes to github recently. How is the project going? Is the project dead?

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
So you haven't pushed any changes to github recently. How is the project going? Is the project dead?
Yes it’s dead. Long live storm engine
I got a full time job to take care of amongst other stuff, plus I don't really wanna waste my few hours of spare time contributing to a scene/community that doesn't deserve it.
I started this out of boredom and to prove how fucking dead and behind the retro development scene is compared to modern technology nowadays.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I got a full time job to take care of amongst other stuff, plus I don't really wanna waste my few hours of spare time contributing to a scene/community that doesn't deserve it.
I started this out of boredom and to prove how fucking dead and behind the retro development scene is compared to modern technology nowadays.
You started a project that does the same thing a dozen projects before yours did, to prove how behind on technology retro’s are despite having developers do the same thing for years ?

Seems a bit ridiculous and a little condescending to believe Storm was that much better then anything in the community. Jaden #2, eh?

But hey, most developers now are over age 18 and work full time jobs with some working 2+ jobs or enough overtime to account for 3 jobs so chill out a bit and just state the project is dead and you lost interest

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
You started a project that does the same thing a dozen projects before yours did, to prove how behind on technology retro’s are despite having developers do the same thing for years ?

Seems a bit ridiculous and a little condescending to believe Storm was that much better then anything in the community. Jaden #2, eh?

But hey, most developers now are over age 18 and work full time jobs with some working 2+ jobs or enough overtime to account for 3 jobs so chill out a bit and just state the project is dead and you lost interest
Point me in the direction of a project that's done in the same approach as mine.
You're not gonna find one that's using WebGL or anywhere close to having the same performance, that's for sure, but besides that you're pretty much right.
Haven't lost interest though and I know myself so I'll definitely gonna be picking this up again, but not in the near future.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Point me in the direction of a project that's done in the same approach as mine.
You're not gonna find one that's using WebGL, that's for sure, but besides that you're pretty much right.
Haven't lost interest though and I know myself so I'll definitely gonna be picking this up again, but not in the near future.
Regardless of what framework/language/library or chosen toolset that project is basically following the jist of others. A HTMl5 alternative using Node

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Regardless of what framework/language/library or chosen toolset that project is basically following the jist of others. A HTMl5 alternative using Node
You can't compare WebGL and DOM elements lol, that's like comparing a super car to a monster truck.
Both is better than the other depending on the purpose.
Whole different approach here compared to the other alternatives that went wrong from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread