Steam Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitchesLoveCake

Dec 8, 2014
The worst part about it is i'm playing games from a Macbook pro. I play games like Civ 5 etc. I'm wanting to know if its possible to run steam from an external HDD. Steams currently taking up 100gb of my HDD on my macbook and i have a 250SSD. I have nothing else to remove from my Macbook, I've already removed all my music and photos to save space.

nullError

Feb 15, 2013
I haven't tried this before. I don't know to be honest. Also I prefer it to be locally - less of a hastle. It's probably better to run it externally. I suggest looking

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
I use steam libraries feature to store all my games on an external drive away from my SSD.

Go to settings in steam, then downloads and you should see a steam library button.
CyHUP5V.png

Click this and then it should give you an option to add a new folder, click this and select your external drive.
KMBHiBW.png

Then when you install any new games it asks you which directory, just select your external drive.
qABI9Cq.png

BitchesLoveCake

Dec 8, 2014
I use steam libraries feature to store all my games on an external drive away from my SSD.

Go to settings in steam, then downloads and you should see a steam library button.
CyHUP5V.png

Click this and then it should give you an option to add a new folder, click this and select your external drive.
KMBHiBW.png

Then when you install any new games it asks you which directory, just select your external drive.
qABI9Cq.png
Cheers :p Managed to free up 77gb of a 250SSD :D. Life Saver.

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
No problem just remember if you unplug your external while Steam is running you'll have to re add it as a library (won't lose any data) so if I were you I'd close Steam before unplugging any external drives you're using for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread