Startup Advice

sumo

The end is nigh.
Jan 18, 2014
Hello, I'm looking for advice on whether my graphics are good enough to be sold or not. I've been doing GFX prior to this, but never asked for cash no matter how difficult, as I did not believe my graphics were good enough, and I also didn't need money. BUT, those times have changed. I am currently in need of some quick cash. You can take a look at my graphics . Keep in mind these are fairly old. I will most likely have a website setup where people can go and purchase a service. So, leave a comment below on what you think. I'm open to ANY criticism.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
No. I'm only saying this blunt because its not as skilled as other graphic designers you would see that would charge money such as £10 for just a logo. Most of your stuff looks habbo-ish so I'd recommend to practise designer like maybe come up with some fake clients and designs stuff like logos and web-designs so you can get more experience and learn more in graphic design.

sumo

The end is nigh.
Jan 18, 2014
No. I'm only saying this blunt because its not as skilled as other graphic designers you would see that would charge money such as £10 for just a logo. Most of your stuff looks habbo-ish so I'd recommend to practise designer like maybe come up with some fake clients and designs stuff like logos and web-designs so you can get more experience and learn more in graphic design.
Thank you for the insight :). Most of my work is indeed habbo-ish as I had no other field of graphics, but it's not my only type of graphics. Before I did habbo GFX, I was strictly about trying new things/finding new GFX styles. Means a lot coming from you, Owen. I'll make sure to practice.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
The graphics aren't amazing but you'll get better if you keep learning. (I like the rage rp logo though, that looks nice)
As the great Busta Rhymes once said, " I was always told, that if I ain't gon' be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself"

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
yeah man try to learn some non habbo shit, there's youtube vlogers that could definatly use channel art, and trust me they do hire gfx if they are actualy good.

sumo

The end is nigh.
Jan 18, 2014
Thank you all for the insight. Also, as you may have noticed, my "Habbo Graphics" are even barely "Habbo". If you removed the Habbo avatar from the images, it's a normal picture that could be used in many places. I've never really been a fan of basic stuff. I'll make sure to keep working on non-habbo stuff though.

Here's my first attempt at Youtube Channel Art:
v6wJqQ0.png

I know that it's kinda basic etc, but keep in mind it's my first attempt. Everything was custom made by me.

Users who are viewing this thread