SSL Issues from mobile phones

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my SSL certificate (Issued from Let's Encrypt).The problem is people coming to the website from mobile phones get "unsafe error" while on the desktop it works without any problems.I'm assuming the problem is within the certificate?

*UPDATE Confirmed the issue is often on google search click and iOS devices

Here's the report coming from ssllabs.
Site link :

If anyone could point me into the right direction that'd be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
You're probably not getting redirected to www.yourwebsite.com on IOS judging by your certificate CN= , ask for another certificate and seperate via commans your "multiple" domains (this being beehost.rs and www.beehost.rs).

The reason this happens is because www. was to tell the system to connect to the world wide web, back when the internet was actually intranet. This old bullshit has continued to today and thus you must assume clients may connect by AND beehost.rs, fortunately for most browsers they usually default to that, unless the subdomain doesn't exist in the DNS records. This also varies between browsers and browser versions.
Post automatically merged:

Upon further analysis it appears your content management system is actually trying to account for this by forwarding us manually to the www. subdomain (see GIF), so whatever plugin is doing that or if its just built in I'd raise a bug flag with the creator of either. Clearly not working on your client, also its still best practice to SSL www. of all domains planning on accepting browser based traffic. This would fix the issue regardless of the bug in your code, too.

Last edited:

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
You're probably not getting redirected to www.yourwebsite.com on IOS judging by your certificate CN= , ask for another certificate and seperate via commans your "multiple" domains (this being beehost.rs and www.beehost.rs).

The reason this happens is because www. was to tell the system to connect to the world wide web, back when the internet was actually intranet. This old bullshit has continued to today and thus you must assume clients may connect by AND beehost.rs, fortunately for most browsers they usually default to that, unless the subdomain doesn't exist in the DNS records. This also varies between browsers and browser versions.
Post automatically merged:

Upon further analysis it appears your content management system is actually trying to account for this by forwarding us manually to the www. subdomain (see GIF), so whatever plugin is doing that or if its just built in I'd raise a bug flag with the creator of either. Clearly not working on your client, also its still best practice to SSL www. of all domains planning on accepting browser based traffic. This would fix the issue regardless of the bug in your code, too.

Thank you Mace you're 100% right and this fixed the issue.
*EDIT For anyone having the same issue i did what Macemore recommended which was getting a new SSL that covers www.

Users who are viewing this thread