Status
Not open for further replies.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
0WQHAMo.png

What is it?
Retaliation is a new, enhanced CMS that is designed specifically for roleplay servers. It uses the power of the Laravel framework, alongside a clean, but stylish theme.

Development Team?
The development team consists of only one developer, Leader aka LeChris, otherwise known as Chris.

Goals in Mind?
We have quite a long list of goals, but the primary goal we plan to accomplish is to help expand the community, to increase the lifetime of Habbo Hotel, and the interest and availability of roleplay prepared content. We will do so by providing a CMS that meets the standards set so far, which by the way are quite low, and that builds upon this to provide a long range of features that'll keep the user busy, but also help the user in the long run. Some of our ideal features that are being implemented go from our wikipedia, to the user forums.

How is Laravel used?
Laravel itself, is an amazingly clean and beautiful framework that builds upon Illuminate, and others to provide an amazing range of components. The idea of Retaliation is to take full advantage of these components to their maximum potential. A few examples of Laravel usage goes from the Routing Handler, to our Eloquent Database Models. We also use several other notable, but major features such as Events, Validator and the Authorization Provider.

Code Snippets?
Login Controller
PHP:
<?php
namespace Cerberus\Http\Controllers\Session;
use Auth;
use Event;
use Session;
use Redirect;
use Validator;
use Illuminate\Http\Request;
use Cerberus\Http\Controllers\Controller;
class Login extends Controller
{
  public function commit(Request $r)
  {
    $validator = Validator::make($r->all(), [
      'username' => 'required|alpha_dash|exists:users',
      'password' => 'required',
    ]);

if ($validator->fails()) {
      Session::flash('message', '<b>[Authentication]</b> Failure to authorize using credentials provided.');
    }
    else {
      if (Auth::attempt(['username' => $r->input('username'), 'password' => $r->input('password')]))
      {
        Event::fire('UserLoggedIn');
        return Redirect::to('/dashboard');
      }
      else {
        Event::fire('UserFailedLogin', $r->all());
      }
    }
    return Redirect::back();
  }

}

Image Gallery

Live Preview
We are developing this product live on a Linux environment that utilizes CentOS and Apache.

Other Contributors
The theme in usage as of right now, was provided by

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.02.31.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.02.31.png
    329 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.02.41.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.02.41.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.02.49.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.02.49.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.02.57.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.02.57.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.02.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.02.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.08.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.08.png
    220 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.14.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.14.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.20.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.20.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.24.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.24.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.31.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-20 23.03.31.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Change log since thread post
Code:
[Settings] Added security information
[Settings] Added general management
[News] Crushed a few bugs
[Profile] Added user achivements
[Profile] Added gang information, or stats
[Wiki] Fixed bug with showing articles
[Wiki] Added article creation for users
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-02-21 01.24.56.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-21 01.24.56.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Synt4x

Jan 13, 2016
Looks good man, keep it up. In conjunction with Laravel's core functions, and proper use of them - this could turn out to be a very good release :) Best of luck with it.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
To refrain from having to bring about a small beta team, here is a link to the beta environment running on CentOS and Apache. The emulator will remain offline for quite some time, please post bugs on here or message my skype, hey.its.hitler

To keep this thread updated, here's the latest information.

Regarding the website itself, major changes will be made that'll impact the cleanliness of the code, as well as efficiency such as the switch to using Laravel's beautiful event handler - as opposed to stacking on functions to the login controller itself.

I also begun development of a housekeeping system, that will be required to be hosted within a separate instance to help keep the code of both systems clean. To get an understanding of how events work within Cerberus, I'll attach an image showcasing the current event provider (I just started this a few minutes ago), and an event.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-02-25 00.39.29.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-25 00.39.29.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 5

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Oh god. Face palm.

Development = for public release when completed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, lots of updates and bug fixes.
is the new beta link. Again, post bugs on here

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
What is this positive feedback , this is complete garbage!
Care to elaborate, or are you just making posts to speak?
Fatal Hotel -> Laravel, which proves it quite powerful as a back-end
Not to mention, it can't be exploited, it's extremely fast, clean coding structure, tidy relationship system between database instances, so on

As for this CMS in itself,
Offers all needed features of a roleplay, plus it even adds additional new ones
The housekeeping system provides an easy, and organized way to add onto the roleplay and create weapons, manage users, so forth.

As for people basing their opinion on designs, great thing is it's adjustable. Rev came with the most basic syntax, essentially a template engine, and the most low level theme imaginable. Somebody copied and pasted Habbo's coded and people still use that theme to date with a few recolors.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
The owners of this hotel are nooby, Wel

l one of them are..

I was in jail for no reason and also banned for calling someone a noob.

@Leader Don't reply to my message trying to defend them / the hotel reputation let them fight they're own fights.
This isn't even a hotel development thread. If you are left out, I left the team for that hotel because of how retarded it was becoming. Now I just develop to help out new hotels, aha.

Devbest is too noobish , and don't know anything allocated to memory , post this on ***** and the true facts of this theme will be exposed , and whats with this "CMS" bullshit this is a skin..

A skin for what? This is far from a skin, and I have a thread on there with more views than on here. I used this on hotels with less than 2GB's of memory, and not to mention I allocate bare minimum memory to PHP and this is still quite fast and elegant. Whatever opinion your forming, it's your own inability to actually adjust a framework or CMS to fit your needs and disable unused modules.

Not to mention, I heard Sledmore is learning Laravel, so if he was to develop a quick CMS for Habboon utilizing it - it's almost surefire he would be praised as a genius. Lay off the rep obsessions

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
This isn't even a hotel development thread. If you are left out, I left the team for that hotel because of how retarded it was becoming. Now I just develop to help out new hotels, aha.

A skin for what? This is far from a skin, and I have a thread on there with more views than on here. I used this on hotels with less than 2GB's of memory, and not to mention I allocate bare minimum memory to PHP and this is still quite fast and elegant. Whatever opinion your forming, it's your own inability to actually adjust a framework or CMS to fit your needs and disable unused modules.

Not to mention, I heard Sledmore is learning Laravel, so if he was to develop a quick CMS for Habboon utilizing it - it's almost surefire he would be praised as a genius. Lay off the rep obsessions

What is this based off Rev , Uber you tell me.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
What is this based off Rev , Uber you tell me.
Wow. Somebody is commenting on a thread, without any idea of what he's actually talking about.

The answer, is neither.

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
Wow. Somebody is commenting on a thread, without any idea of what he's actually talking about.

The answer, is neither.

Sarcasm context go on enlighten me.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Sarcasm context go on enlighten me.
Sadly, there's not anything that cold be done for you. Going off of your recent replies, you seem to be this kid who just hates on everybody's work, but lacks his own work?
Differences between Uber/Rev and Laravel
Rev/Uber = Basic template engine
Laravel = Professionally designed and developed framework endorsed by thousands

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Why because you add alot of unnecessary methods within your work and I understand what i'm doing D:?
Or the fact you mistook a CMS written in PHP, for a design. Please show us your advanced HTML markup skills, we'd love to see it.

iJavaSucks

Apr 25, 2014
Is this released,or what, I recommend releasing bits of it :).

BTW, this looks nothing like retaliation 1.5 im surprised of how much work you have done,
Keep up the work chrisy
D:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Is this released,or what, I recommend releasing bits of it :).

BTW, this looks nothing like retaliation 1.5 im surprised of how much work you have done,
Keep up the work chrisy
D:
The best part is this is all within the past month of updates here and there. I may release the CMS first, but I wanted to release it as a package with the admin panel.

iJavaSucks

Apr 25, 2014
The best part is this is all within the past month of updates here and there. I may release the CMS first, but I wanted to release it as a package with the admin panel.
Question is, does this community really deserve the admin panel? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread