Software glitch - The Great Gold (Bar) Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Rumour Control- The Great Gold (Bar) Rush
What Happened?

Due to a software glitch on August 9th, it was possible on habbo.com and only habbo.com to buy Gold Bars as bundles, complete with bundling discounts. This means Habbos were able to buy several Gold Bars/ coins at discounted prices and then exchange them for their normal price in Credits. They could then use these Credits to buy more discounted Gold Bars and again, redeem them for their normal value.

This was a software glitch, and not the result of hacking or scripting. The issue was fixed as soon as it was spotted.

What's Happening Now?

Right now we're still assessing the scope of the issue. We've frozen the accounts of Habbo users who had been using this exploit to get free Credits. These accounts will be unfrozen when we've been able to investigate the issue more fully. We will be removing the excess amount of Credits (worked out as the amount of Credits and Gold items they purchased during this exploit) from these accounts also. The trading activities of these (and other) accounts is also being investigated in case they used their Credits to corner the market on any Furni/ rare items in the after-market. However, based on the data, this issue was quite small scale, and as the majority of accounts have already been frozen, shouldn't cause large problems in the general after-market economy.

When will things be back to normal?
We are still investigating this issue and will continue to do so next week. This means that accounts that are currently frozen will remain so over the weekend.

If you have been affected by this, i.e. if your account has been banned or you think you have had Gold Bars/ Credits removed from your account unjustly, please contact our Player Support team.

Credit Furni is now on sale again in Habbo.com

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
I wrote a thread on this already.
Link?
Well,its patched,thats all that matters. no drama here. Go home kids./
Yh but think of it habbo could of lost billions of coinsits like every 5 gold bar you buy you get one free do its like making a 45c profit from each 5 gold bar you buy im telling you some people abused this bug so bad [and im one of them] ;P

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
Link?

Yh but think of it habbo could of lost billions of coinsits like every 5 gold bar you buy you get one free do its like making a 45c profit from each 5 gold bar you buy im telling you some people abused this bug so bad [and im one of them] ;P
did you get to keep any?

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I don't think there is much discussion on this, it happened ... What else?

The glitch is gone and nearly all the accounts that bought were frozen, some got luck - One of my friends got 600GBs and has not been frozen, they're investigating everything and reviewing the trades and so on.

Lets see how far habbo takes this, I say pretty extreme basing on previous occurrences on the hotel.

Derpec

Retrosetups.com | Professional, Reliable, Setups
Feb 21, 2012
Yes, but habbo said they just froze them not take there GB's.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
What software was this anyway?
Not a software but rather a programming mistake on Sulake's side, they forgot to disable the item bundling/discounting feature on the Exchange section thus enabling Habbos to buy excess gold bars and make use of them on the same price.

Crup

weeeeee
Jul 25, 2010
Most accounts where frozen and the credits were removed, but I know someone with 600gbs and he kept them.

Nothing happened to him!

I was one of the people that credit glitch but I only did it for just 20 coins. They didn't do anything to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread