SlimarSleek | Free | Release |

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
Alright so few months ago I started coding something that I designed, anyhow it actually looked quite good (well for me) other then the ugly font of course.
Although I started coding it before I went on holidays and wanted to get it done, so I kinda rushed it. The template didn't actually come out as good as I was hoping, nor is the coding really any good. The code is readable but is messy and some parts are coded wrong.
Also I have to admit the name 'SlimarSleek' does not really suit this, as its not very sleek at all.

Without me needing this on my computer anymore ive decided to release maybe someone can use this as a base or turn it into something better, if not just let it die :)
The design that its based off: [THIS IS NOT A SCREENSHOT OF THE TEMPLATE, BUT ITS CLOSE]
slimarsleek.png

Live Demo:

Download:
Also forgot to mention: It includes both internal and external css styles. I was coding it in internal and forgot to move some over to style/style.css

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
Good released, not saying its the best. But I'm sure you can do better.

Last edited:

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
FUYOOOOOOO! Nice released Damon
Thanks, Harith.. but its not that good. You should know I can do bettah ;}

I'm confused. Are you releasing this to the public (no copyright)?
Its free, meaning you can download and use for what ever you want. I dont care about the credits/copyright of it.

Theres a download link in the main post.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I'm going to help you out a lot here. I suggest you take what I'm about to say into consideration about future designs.
  • First of all, never rush a template, even if you feel obligated to finish it before something like in this case, holidays. Just stop what your doing and come back to it later, it's not worth the effort of spending hours upon hours a night coding because you want to hurry up and get it finished and in doing so rushing the design and coding procedures, just take your time and only code when you feel motivated to otherwise you'll burn yourself out.
  • Never use div id's, there's a lot controversy that surrounds reasons as to why and why not but the most common and accurate reason is because it slows down page loading (i think).
  • If your using a flat color, in this case your arrows just to the right of your images, never use an image, just use a hex color code. If you need to use an image instead of a flat color for some crazy reason, i suggest learning up on how to code css image sprites. Basically, a sprite is a giant collage of all the different images used on your site compiled into one using css background-position to define the different background image positions. Not only does it increase loading time but it makes all the images on your site to load at the same time so you don't get messy page loading.
  • Use equal padding, for example in your navigation bar, there is more padding at the top of the bar than there is at the bottom, things like this can make the template look extremely messy. In this example i took a look at your code and noticed your defining 4 different sizes for the padding when you could just use "padding:20px 15px;" because the left number is defining both the top and bottom padding distances and the right number defines the right and left distances, keeping it equal.
  • Put padding on the content boxes.

I could go way more in-depth with this but its getting quite long so ill stop it there, giving you the most important things to think about. If you need more help just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread