Should I switch to RevCMS?

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
Hey,

I'm currently using UberCMS and it's irritating with the lack of updates, I am considering moving to RevCMS but there's a few questions I need to ask. My passwords are encrypted in MD5, what is Rev's encryption?

Should I switch to Rev?

Thanks
Josh

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
revpack_teamrev_dark_signature.png

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I'd say no, just 'cause i personally don't like rev nor Manolo.

And Adidas, you probably didn't know this but Uber has a templating system aswell. Alike rev's, except there is .tpl files instead. So you can edit the themes there easily aswell. ;)

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I think it's MD5 aswell.

But for ubercms 'lacking updates', if you want to use ubercms you have to make your own updates, because ubercms is a dead project, it's finished and people have stopped working on it.

If you know you can make your own updates and shit keep it, if not then;
revpack_teamrev_dark_signature.png

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
I'd say no, just 'cause i personally don't like rev nor Manolo.

And Adidas, you probably didn't know this but Uber has a templating system aswell. Alike rev's, except there is .tpl files instead. So you can edit the themes there easily aswell. ;)

It's not the themes with Uber it's just the lack of updates :3

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Here are the visualized reasons you should:
f660254664877f1383a221a0bf4dd851.png

Speed
RevCMS is the latest Habbo Content Management System with that lightweight speed, it will take you like less than 30 seconds to load a page, with it's clean & neat code and the systems implemented to make it work, RevCMS is the fastest loading CMS so far.*​
* Skin is Mango, I'm on a less than 1MB/second speed of internet.
bdea1a73f124365391cfa0965b8e8e42.png
Complexibility
RevCMS has it's complex yet noob-friendly settings (referring to config.php), with those hints & notes besides, you could not make a simple mistake in configuring your CMS for your hotel. Plus with it's own theme system, you could easily switch from themes to themes by uploading them to the designated folder and change it through config.php by it's folder name. And with that PHP power, you do not need to edit the hotel's title in every pages of the CMS, as it does update once you edit your config.php, and​
0b90df7ec1abae004ac29319413c2ee8.png
Easy Theme-Making
As I described from it's complexibility, RevCMS has it's own theme system which makes it easy for you to switch from themes to themes, but not only that, you could ALSO MAKE YOUR OWN CUSTOM THEME with just knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS and other computer languages you will need to have other plugins (e.g. jQuery, a library of Javascript). With that easy theme-making, you could have that customized look, preferrable scene for your hotel's website!​
47530305fae78e4de7aa5584aef631c4.jpg
Real Noob-friendly
You could have RevCMS with those newbies easily, with the documentations included in each downloads/releases, you would know what to tweak and what is not to. With those documentations, you will know where to find specific files (to upload a new theme, edit your configuration etc...) without having to search all over those sub-folders!​
9323be3e70ebb9d05bdca99125cb9373.png
Multiple Emulation Softwares compatible with
RevCMS is compatible with MOST emulation softwares such as Phoenix & Uber (although there will be few edits needed to be done in order to have Uber compatible with RevCMS, as RevCMS is made to be compatible with Phoenix), and to the upcoming RevEMU developed by Zak! This question will mostly be asked... "What is so special with RevCMS if it is compatible with that junk, new RevEMU?", well, RevEMU is being foreseen to beat the current popular emulatorPhoenix.​
source:

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
Here are the visualized reasons you should:
f660254664877f1383a221a0bf4dd851.png

Speed
RevCMS is the latest Habbo Content Management System with that lightweight speed, it will take you like less than 30 seconds to load a page, with it's clean & neat code and the systems implemented to make it work, RevCMS is the fastest loading CMS so far.*​
* Skin is Mango, I'm on a less than 1MB/second speed of internet.
bdea1a73f124365391cfa0965b8e8e42.png
Complexibility
RevCMS has it's complex yet noob-friendly settings (referring to config.php), with those hints & notes besides, you could not make a simple mistake in configuring your CMS for your hotel. Plus with it's own theme system, you could easily switch from themes to themes by uploading them to the designated folder and change it through config.php by it's folder name. And with that PHP power, you do not need to edit the hotel's title in every pages of the CMS, as it does update once you edit your config.php, and​
0b90df7ec1abae004ac29319413c2ee8.png
Easy Theme-Making
As I described from it's complexibility, RevCMS has it's own theme system which makes it easy for you to switch from themes to themes, but not only that, you could ALSO MAKE YOUR OWN CUSTOM THEME with just knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS and other computer languages you will need to have other plugins (e.g. jQuery, a library of Javascript). With that easy theme-making, you could have that customized look, preferrable scene for your hotel's website!​
47530305fae78e4de7aa5584aef631c4.jpg
Real Noob-friendly
You could have RevCMS with those newbies easily, with the documentations included in each downloads/releases, you would know what to tweak and what is not to. With those documentations, you will know where to find specific files (to upload a new theme, edit your configuration etc...) without having to search all over those sub-folders!​
9323be3e70ebb9d05bdca99125cb9373.png
Multiple Emulation Softwares compatible with
RevCMS is compatible with MOST emulation softwares such as Phoenix & Uber (although there will be few edits needed to be done in order to have Uber compatible with RevCMS, as RevCMS is made to be compatible with Phoenix), and to the upcoming RevEMU developed by Zak! This question will mostly be asked... "What is so special with RevCMS if it is compatible with that junk, new RevEMU?", well, RevEMU is being foreseen to beat the current popular emulatorPhoenix.​
source:

Okay thanks. I think i'll move to Rev as Uber is old now. I'm wanting updated features and Uber isn't doing it for me

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Okay thanks. I think i'll move to Rev as Uber is old now. I'm wanting updated features and Uber isn't doing it for me
If you know how to add new features etc. then uber is great.

Uber would be my first choice, if I could do updates myself, add my own features.

Otherwise go ahead and use RevCMS.

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
If you know how to add new features etc. then uber is great.

Uber would be my first choice, if I could do updates myself, add my own features.

Otherwise go ahead and use RevCMS.

I think I might switch because I'm loving some of the addons i'm seeing for REV and not UBER

Xenous

o shi
Nov 15, 2011
I'd stick with ubercms as there are alot more plugins with it and it' easier to use. But weren't you the one posting a cms dev on another forum? (Thought you'd use your own custom cms if so)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Good thing my visualized reason helped you decide . And because it is easy to use, edit and looks more neat, I guess you should go for Rev, especially RevEMU and RevCMS 3.0 are being developed, you'll definitely love it. ;)

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
I'd stick with ubercms as there are alot more plugins with it and it' easier to use. But weren't you the one posting a cms dev on another forum? (Thought you'd use your own custom cms if so)

My CMS dev is a sort of improve my coding sort of dev.

I'm currently working on my theme for rev but I can't seem to find a badgeshop for the HABBO theme, any one got one?

Snow

Dec 10, 2011
"Lack of updates"

There is no current developer for uberCMS so who are you looking for to provide you with "updates". If you have a development then stick to that and stop straddling. Rev hasn't been "updated" in months so I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for because as you say you're improving and you should be able to do your own "updates" and "fixes"

2cents.

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
"Lack of updates"

There is no current developer for uberCMS so who are you looking for to provide you with "updates". If you have a development then stick to that and stop straddling. Rev hasn't been "updated" in months so I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for because as you say you're improving and you should be able to do your own "updates" and "fixes"

2cents.

1, Your wrong, UberCMS 2 is currently being developed but I refuse moving to it due to the passwords encryption.

I'm onabout the RevCMS plugins and addons.

Users who are viewing this thread