Should I do the trade?

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
I bought a gaming laptop about a year ago, it's the MSI GE75 Raider with an i7 9750H, RTX 2070, 16GB DDR4, 500GB SSD and 1TB SSD. It's an amazing laptop, but I upgraded my desktop and rarely use the laptop anymore. My fiancé uses it more than I do for work and all she plays is Rocket League, Minecraft or R6: Siege. A friend of mine wants to trade his desktop for my laptop. We have all the peripherals for another desktop, so there's not really any extra cost.

His PC
Code:
I7-7700k Water Cooled 'NZXT kraken x42
GTX 1080ti 11GB Black Edition
32GB DDR4 3000MHz
1TB HDD (Sold his SSD, but I have an extra 500GB SSD)
EVGA 750 Gold PSU
GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard

I know I'm taking a small hit on the GPU, but my fiancé does not give a shit about ray-tracing. It's my fiancé that would be using the desktop for her work and the odd games if she has time. Do you think I should trade it? He said he can add cash, but to build that PC, is more than I paid for my laptop.

Last edited:

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
Really it's down to you, all opinions will vary and I guess if your fiancé doesn't mind and you're happy to do it then why not, this comment probably wasn't to helpful but as I said everyone is going to think differently.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I actually did go ahead with the trade and couldn't be happier with performance. Really? God damn, those are $1,200. Happy wife happy life, am I correct? PepeHands
Don't buy a NEW one, buy a decent old one off ebay that has a steel frame, start here:
I regularly deploy T400 series laptops that are 3-5 years old with no issues, very easy to fix & find parts.

Users who are viewing this thread