Shootout mini-game design (For now)

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
Hello Devbest

While I have gained a bit of experience using Figma I had an idea to design a "PVP" mini-game, originally inspired by Francis Joseph's previous "HabboWarfare".

I am still not 100% with this & if people like the idea I will carry it on based purely on the feedback gained.

You must be registered for see images attach

So far I have the login, which of course could be improved massively, however I like to come here for YOUR feedback as well as going on my own accord, if this turns from "Graphics" into a "Development" the aim of this will be 5-a-side opposing teams land on either side of a map and will "fight to the death" to win the match, there will be leader boards for the "most kills" "most explosive kills" etc & more maps would be created (again based on what the user-base would like granted it gained one).

How will you run this?

Again, if it progresses into a steady development I would use the "Shroom HTML5 engine" to run this, plain and simple to understand (More time to work on the core aspects).
I am unsure whether or not a CMS needed, players will go from the "login" page straight to a game (not fully decided) & of course there would be a page displaying the main statistics, leader boards etc for those interested.

Players may also be able to interact with furniture around the map e.g clicking "crates" which could give any of either:

- Medkit (To revive yourself or other team mates)

- Ammunition (To fill your weapon)

- Grenades (To use against the opposing team)

As previously mentioned, I am still fiddling with figma and a lot will / can change. :)

Thanks.

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
I mean, is this just a basic graphics thread or an actual development thread?
Graphics for now, so keep it here please.

Maybe I said to much making it sound like a development thread, it isn't yet but depending on feedback IF it turns into that I'll ask for it to be moved to appropriate section.

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
What are your criteria for turning this into a development thread?

please forgive me but this seems very open and shut. What is that login page? Looks like development to me.

decide what you want to do and then make a thread. Or be honest and say that you are asking for opinion.

this thread is too confusing.

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
What are your criteria for turning this into a development thread?

please forgive me but this seems very open and shut. What is that login page? Looks like development to me.

decide what you want to do and then make a thread. Or be honest and say that you are asking for opinion.

this thread is too confusing.

I guess you're right, the login page is just a design I done (for now) as I said I probably said to much making it seem more like a development thread rather than a graphics thread, I apologise for that.

The main purpose of this is to carry on designing everything that will be needed for this as I have some free time at the moment & so I will post more as I progress onwards. Once there is more to see, again based on the feedback IF people like this idea it probably will turn in to a development but not as of YET.

And if it doesn't, then I guess it will go no further apart from being a design which if deemed good enough for someone else to use they will.

Yes I am looking for feedback, sorry that wasn't clear enough - I want ideas on what else to do granted this goes further both features-wise and design-wise.

For now it stays simply as Graphics; as I said above if it changes I will notify and ask for it to be moved to the appropriate section. While all seems somewhat clustered and possibly quite confusing this wont be when I move forward and give exact idea of my intentions and work with feedback to create something that maybe people will like.
Post automatically merged:

A rough idea on how the leader boards will be displayed, subject to change.

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Graphics for now, so keep it here please.

Maybe I said to much making it sound like a development thread, it isn't yet but depending on feedback IF it turns into that I'll ask for it to be moved to appropriate section.
I'm not a moderator anymore mate, was just curious.

Looks good though, I'd like to see more!

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
I'm not a moderator anymore mate, was just curious.

Looks good though, I'd like to see more!
Oh okay no problem, thanks so much! Do you have ideas on anything you’d like me to add or wish to see as I continue

Began work on "classes" area where users will pick their choice of weapons before proceeding to vote which map they would like to play in.

Still have to add "equip" option & place weapons in the boxes (trying to find ones that are appropriate and related to topic) but we move, I will continue tomorrow.

Last edited:

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
Looks Good! Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the positivity! I plan to just take my time with this and see what I can do with it.

@Maatt

I ask you because you seem firm but fair with criticism, for a "lobby" area that would display the opposing teams as well as the map they will be playing on, what would you say is a good way to display it?

My current idea is two containers with either team and the map in the middle but this doesn't look good, do you have any ideas?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread