[Shockwave Client Emulator] Project Dragon

Champion

Aug 26, 2011
Nope dead. Like most projects that require such commitment, they end up dead in the water. His last commit was 2 years ago so doubt he continued.

I think you would be better of just editing Nitro into a shockwave style.

I've seen the hotels that have tried that. It still just doesn't seem the same. Goal in the end would be to develop it to a point where the games within the V31 versions all work.

I think the games like Battleship, tic tac toe, diving, snowstorm, battleball all were just so good and classic. I used to have a large hotel that was V21 and updated to V31. I have never really had the same experience post-shockwave.

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
I've seen the hotels that have tried that. It still just doesn't seem the same. Goal in the end would be to develop it to a point where the games within the V31 versions all work.

I think the games like Battleship, tic tac toe, diving, snowstorm, battleball all were just so good and classic. I used to have a large hotel that was V21 and updated to V31. I have never really had the same experience post-shockwave.
The retro community was completely different back then. I think Quackster is releasing is shockwave emulator he used on classichabbo so maybe thats worth a try.

Champion

Aug 26, 2011
The retro community was completely different back then. I think Quackster is releasing is shockwave emulator he used on classichabbo so maybe thats worth a try.
Yeah.. the thing is that most people who used to play back then are busy adults now lol. They won't be bothered to download some random browser like palemoon that might potentially in their minds be a virus.

They would however login to try a HTML5 browser if there was no downloads, and the nostalgia would keep them around imo.

Ah well if I ever get rich some day I'll pay a dev to develop one lol.

Users who are viewing this thread