Setting up CMS gives blank Localhost page

Hermethy

Mar 22, 2020
I've downloaded EubboCMS and dropped it in my htdocs, etc. however when I try to acces localhost it says "Object not found!". Since the CMS wasn't provided with a DB I'm using the PlusEMU db.

The thing is, I want to change the CMS into a fansite and not a retro so I have no use for a client whatsoever, but I can't even acces it. Also my db has no password, that's why the password part is empty.

The CMS I'm using:

<?php
error_reporting(0);
if(!defined('IN_INDEX')) { die('Sorry, you cannot access this file.'); }
$_CONFIG['mysql']['connection_type'] = 'pconnect';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['username'] = 'root';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['password'] = '';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['database'] = 'hsport';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['port'] = '3306';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['url'] = '';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['name'] = 'Habwish Hotel';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['desc'] = 'All across the globe!';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['email'] = '';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['in_maint'] = false;
$_CONFIG['hotel']['motto'] = 'Wishing my way into ' . $_CONFIG['hotel']['name'];
$_CONFIG['hotel']['credits'] = 1000;
$_CONFIG['hotel']['pixels'] = 2000;
$_CONFIG['hotel']['figure'] = 'hd-180-1.hr-170-61.ha-1012-110.ch-255-100.lg-280-110.sh-290-62';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['web_build'] = '63_1dc60c6d6ea6e089c6893ab4e0541ee0/527';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_vars'] = '/swf/gamedata/external_variables.txt';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_texts'] = '/swf/gamedata/external_flash_texts.txt';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['product_data'] = '/swf/gamedata/productdata.txt';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['furni_data'] = '/swf/gamedata/furnidata.xml';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['swf_folder'] = '/swf/gordon/PRODUCTION-201602082203-712976078';
$_CONFIG['template']['style'] = 'Habwish';
?>

Thank in advance,
Post automatically merged:

To rewrite the post above and be more detailed:

Hey,

I'm trying to make a fansite by turning a retro CMS into a fansite, which I probably will be able to do. However, when I'm trying to set up this CMS and trying to connect to localhost it gives me a blank page with 'Object not found'. How can I fix this?

The CMS didn't provide a DB so I used the first plusEMU db I could find since someone said that it was compatible. I have no need for the client, just a working CMS with the template it was shown in the screen.

CMS: EubboCMS Habwish EDIT ( )
DB: PlusEmu DB

My config.php below:

*DB has no password so it's empty
**I get this but it has to look like this

Code:
<?php
error_reporting(0);
if(!defined('IN_INDEX')) { die('Sorry, you cannot access this file.'); }

$_CONFIG['mysql']['connection_type'] = 'pconnect';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['username'] = 'root';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['password'] = '';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['database'] = 'hsport';
$_CONFIG['mysql']['port'] = '3306';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['url'] = '';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['name'] = 'Habwish Hotel';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['desc'] = 'All across the globe!';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['email'] = '';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['in_maint'] = false;
$_CONFIG['hotel']['motto'] = 'Wishing my way into ' . $_CONFIG['hotel']['name'];
$_CONFIG['hotel']['credits'] = 1000;
$_CONFIG['hotel']['pixels'] = 2000;
$_CONFIG['hotel']['figure'] = 'hd-180-1.hr-170-61.ha-1012-110.ch-255-100.lg-280-110.sh-290-62';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['web_build'] = '63_1dc60c6d6ea6e089c6893ab4e0541ee0/527';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_vars'] = '/swf/gamedata/external_variables.txt';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_texts'] = '/swf/gamedata/external_flash_texts.txt';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['product_data'] = '/swf/gamedata/productdata.txt';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['furni_data'] = '/swf/gamedata/furnidata.xml';
$_CONFIG['hotel']['swf_folder'] = '/swf/gordon/PRODUCTION-201602082203-712976078';
$_CONFIG['template']['style'] = 'Habwish';
?>

Last edited:

Daltron

Web Developer
Aug 6, 2015
This is just a plain RevCMS edit so it should be fairly simple to setup. I believe the issue you are having is due to the fact that you are using xampp instead of IIS, with that being said try and check your PHP version as RevCMS requires a PHP 5.6 im unsure of the issue tbf. wait for someone else to respond.

Hermethy

Mar 22, 2020
This is just a plain RevCMS edit so it should be fairly simple to setup. I believe the issue you are having is due to the fact that you are using xampp instead of IIS, with that being said try and check your PHP version as RevCMS requires a PHP 5.6 im unsure of the issue tbf. wait for someone else to respond.

I've tried setting up IIS, but my Navicat couldnt properly connect so I have given up on IIS (also since I don't have a lot of experience with IIS). Tried the PHP 5.6 thing too, same white page.

Use a .htacces and/or web.config that is xampp compatible

How would I make a .htacces file or web.config that's compatible with xampp? Are there any website I can learn from or find examples?

Hermethy

Mar 22, 2020
Download a random RevCMS edit and copy them to your current RevCMS and it should work

So nothing worked, I tried the following:

Took the .htacces file of a RevCM 1.9.9.9 and web.config and then filled the config = it resulted in a Object not found! page (blank)
I used the Revcms 1.9.9.9 and added the template of Habwish into the tpl folder and chose it in the config = it resulted in a Object not found! page (blank)
I downloaded a RevCMS Edit, added the template of Habwish into the tpl folder and chose it in the config = it resulted in a Object not found! page (blank)

I really tried everything, it's as if I'm missing something.

Hey, I had a question. Could you maybe if you have time post a small & quick tutorial on how to setup the Habwish edit so I can follow it. Like 1. do this 2. do that?

I would really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Daltron

Web Developer
Aug 6, 2015
So nothing worked, I tried the following:

Took the .htacces file of a RevCM 1.9.9.9 and web.config and then filled the config = it resulted in a Object not found! page (blank)
I used the Revcms 1.9.9.9 and added the template of Habwish into the tpl folder and chose it in the config = it resulted in a Object not found! page (blank)
I downloaded a RevCMS Edit, added the template of Habwish into the tpl folder and chose it in the config = it resulted in a Object not found! page (blank)

I really tried everything, it's as if I'm missing something.

Hey, I had a question. Could you maybe if you have time post a small & quick tutorial on how to setup the Habwish edit so I can follow it. Like 1. do this 2. do that?

I would really appreciate it!
Add my discord, Daltron#5227 Ill install IIS correctly and get the cms up for you

Mrmoseby

Jul 1, 2016
If you want to use IIS you need to install MySQL separately which can be done easily with Microsofts Web Platform Installer. I do not recommend XAMPP personally as this software chunks resources. The issue in your case I believe that whoever made this edit of RevCMS was using IIS which uses a web.config file for the websites rules while XAMPP uses a htaccess file.

Users who are viewing this thread