Runescape board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
not enough peeps that support the runescape community, its a more of a habbo forum sadly.

HabbPEE

Oct 2, 2017
I guess RS don't have the same appeal Owen yer - though a load of my habbo mates somehow descened/decamped on it at one stage lol ... dunno why ... it's like trying 2 differing things i guess er!?

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
The adding of a new board/sub-forum is completely dependent on the users, as the subject of that board has to already be discussed multiple times across the forum so that the need for said board becomes apparent.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
The adding of a new board/sub-forum is completely dependent on the users, as the subject of that board has to already be discussed multiple times across the forum so that the need for said board becomes apparent.
I think a section for Runescape Private Servers would be cool. Allows users to move from C# --> Java and not have to buy minecraft and be bored.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
I think a section for Runescape Private Servers would be cool. Allows users to move from C# --> Java and not have to buy minecraft and be bored.
Still doesn't cover the requirements for the creation of a respective board for Runescape, if discussions relating to it begin to pop up every now and then and it seems like user interest in the game has grown around the forum, then it would reasonable for @bigdawg to create a Runescape board.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
The answer you'd receive from @bigdawg is "Go ahead, post some RS content and if it floods, a section will be made.".
Because, most likely there will only be 2 posts a year pertaining to Runescape

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
The answer you'd receive from @bigdawg is "Go ahead, post some RS content and if it floods, a section will be made.".
Because, most likely there will only be 2 posts a year pertaining to Runescape
Well we have 5 posts a year in Minecraft, Call of Duty, Battlefield, FIFA and Grand Theft Auto so what's wrong with one more section wowsoDONG

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Well we have 5 posts a year in Minecraft, Call of Duty, Battlefield, FIFA and Grand Theft Auto so what's wrong with one more section wowsoDONG
Well, those used to garner a lot of discussion around the forum way back when, so that rule still applies.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Well, those used to garner a lot of discussion around the forum way back when, so that rule still applies.
I totally understand this side of it.. but I also feel like it goes 2 ways:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. - You have the sections created, but nobody rarely uses them.

But on the other hand, If you don't have the sections, there is no water for the horse to drink. - This being said, the forum could attract more people not just by having Runescape board but having a wide majority like rival forums do.

Anyways that was my last 2 cents on this subject matter.

HabbPEE

Oct 2, 2017
I am looking for my old friends on RS - as though I am an Habbo-lover first and foremost the RS Clans are hard to understand (at times), so if people can help in any way that'd help!

Thanks guys

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
It seems like some people think adding a section will magically make users appear. If anything, an empty section will scare them away. An empty section shows a big lack of interest, thus making it not worth the effort for them. If you'd want it to survive, you'd have to make a deal with a big developer to attract the users (for example, Revolution and that guy giving away keys for his game). Only then it will attract people and it will have a chance of surviving.

As for the comment "we already have dead sections lets add more", come on man. That makes no sense.

Darkle

Jul 13, 2017
By your argument (invalid in my opinion) you're basically saying that most retro forums shouldn't have opened because they had no place to? I won't list off names because idk if I'm allowed, but if you're going to refer to people to scare off, don't we need to attract them first? Personally, I toggle about in the runescape community from time to time but Devbest is the main forum I've used/browsed. That being said, I've never spoken or thought about referring to runescape here considering its mainly a habbo community, although I would love to engage with it here. about the dead section thing, why not? You don't know 100% that it will be dead.

If I saw a server release, or something neat reposted onto our forums(e.g a release with working zulrah/infernal/raids I'd definitely leech/work on it. Some people love that shit.

If I could refer you to other forums, I'd give you examples of why I'm able to say I don't understand your opinion.

Last edited:

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
By your argument (invalid in my opinion) you're basically saying that most retro forums shouldn't have opened because they had no place to? I won't list off names because idk if I'm allowed, but if you're going to refer to people to scare off, don't we need to attract them first? Personally, I toggle about in the runescape community from time to time but Devbest is the main forum I've used/browsed. That being said, I've never spoken or thought about referring to runescape here considering its mainly a habbo community, although I would love to engage with it here. about the dead section thing, why not? You don't know 100% that it will be dead.

If I saw a server release, or something neat reposted onto our forums(e.g a release with working zulrah/infernal/raids I'd definitely leech/work on it. Some people love that shit.

If I could refer you to other forums, I'd give you examples of why I'm able to say I don't understand your opinion.

You're missing some major parts to support your arguments. Where would the users come from, why would they post it here and put in the effort instead of another forum. Developers don't even post that much over here for Habbo and instead use different forums. You've not even been here for a year neither have you been an active member, so I highly doubt you know the history of this forum and/or are able to give a proper assessment of my arguments.

Darkle

Jul 13, 2017
You're missing some major parts to support your arguments. Where would the users come from, why would they post it here and put in the effort instead of another forum. Developers don't even post that much over here for Habbo and instead use different forums. You've not even been here for a year neither have you been an active member, so I highly doubt you know the history of this forum and/or are able to give a proper assessment of my arguments.
I've been an active LEECHER in the retro community both habbo and runescape since I was 13 so you cannot tell me I wasn't here. I've had about 5 accounts by now with embarassing posts up to the point I learned how to get my own shit done. Considering I've played habbo since I was around 10 and retros 13, I probably found findretros/devbest around then. Third, understood they use other forums maybe because they're more versatile? As I argued above. Last but not least I already said I would love it for even just leeching/reposting purposes. It would grab more attn than a lot of our categories. I've a solid argument.

Until recent I restricted myself to JUST devbest, in fact. Where would they come from? Well, I understand we're revolved around habbo but by the same argument you shouldnt have a bunch of your (sub)categories, and the way you talk about it is as if you're gonna lose any traffic for implementing it when there's already a ton of support and users on this thread.

Right now my attention is far strayed from runescape and java development, but they are not two worlds apart. If I saw something here I might open up runescape.habora.pw in hopes for extra traffic, That being said I love giving back to the community, why wouldn't I? FYI I'm 21.

I've argued my point more than enough. Why not refer to post from just last year or so and some of the funny comments. There's lots of reason(s) you could just say fuck it and do it.

tl;dr you're selling DEVbest short and restricting us

I am looking for my old friends on RS - as though I am an Habbo-lover first and foremost the RS Clans are hard to understand (at times), so if people can help in any way that'd help!

Thanks guys
I've a hunting acc(main) and a pure on osrs and a main on rs3 but I don't really play RS3. Add 1st Priority & xTheSaintx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread