Status
Not open for further replies.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
2sb8upc.jpg
A simple blog, for simple websites.
What is this? Well, blogdown is a blogging software that is unique in it's ways, it is a strictly blog-only (No additional features like pages), meaning that this can be easily implemented on any existing websites.

MarkDown implementations?
Instead of using the traditional WYSIWYG HTML Editors, I have decided to use the MarkDown syntax instead, which is more efficient, and makes much more sense for a blogging software to use.

Themes?
Themes will use the same template engine as in . Meaning that themes will be able to be easily, or even easier to create on blogdown.

Quick peek!
Currently, everything you see here is not final and is still work-in-progress and more screenshots will be posted soon.
2ik4d2e.png

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
- Concept Update -
The majority of the front end side of the software is done.
For the backend, there will not be an administration panel added into this, as to make this script compatible with most websites, an API will be used to post blog posts and do additional stuff, of course, secure API keys will also be used for API authentication. Permissions will also be assigned to those keys.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
The Alpha version of blogdown can be downloaded at the GitHub Repository ( ). I will continue to maintain this project including Iko. User contribution is appreciated :D

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
I've seen a little about you talking about this in the shoutbox. It's looking impressive at the moment!

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
Downloaded it, and tested it on localhost. The part where you configure admin user & email is throwing an error with password_hash() cannot run, I suppose that's why you called it alpha :p

Looks impressive though!

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Downloaded it, and tested it on localhost. The part where you configure admin user & email is throwing an error with password_hash() cannot run, I suppose that's why you called it alpha :p

Looks impressive though!
During the installation? Or the API itself?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Nice work man, I can't really say much as I know fuck all about back-end and the front-end is something that is up to downloadee anyways.

Although, as a possible user, I find I prefer the method of having some sort of panel to log in to, post and upload a post. Maybe I'm lazy or maybe I just find that method a lot easier, who knows? Maybe you can prove me wrong.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Nice one man. I'll be using this and modifying the front end :)

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Nice work man, I can't really say much as I know fuck all about back-end and the front-end is something that is up to downloadee anyways.

Although, as a possible user, I find I prefer the method of having some sort of panel to log in to, post and upload a post. Maybe I'm lazy or maybe I just find that method a lot easier, who knows? Maybe you can prove me wrong.
As one of the concept update specified that blogdown will be built for existing websites, a back-end panel would be redundant as the website that this will be installed on would already have one. They can extend theirs to use the blogdown API for convenience.

Update
The blogdown Wiki is completed! Actually, more of a guide. Hope it helps!

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Website is now live! Though it is too simple.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
An example has been created to show newbies how to extend the blogdown API!

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Updated recently fixing lots of issues.
  • Fixed Framework where nothing is displayed when an exception is called.
  • Changed API Framework function calls.
  • Added new API command.
Changes:

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Remade the install process. Now uses Ajax throughout.
Changes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread