RevCMS Skin - Retro - Feedback

Stee

Oh hot damn. This is my jam.
Jun 28, 2011
Hi was looking for a bit of feedback on my skin edit I've been doing for a while.
I'm not the most experienced coder. Mostly just trial and error and working things out along the way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 433
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 421
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 429

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Is this an on going development project or just a feedback thread? Let me know I'll move it for you.

Stee

Jun 28, 2011
Is this an on going development project or just a feedback thread? Let me know I'll move it for you.

I'm still working on it but it's more of a feedback thread to get some opinions on it :)
Thank you

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
It looks nice, I've moved it to Habbo Retro's as if it was a development thread you'd have to follow the section guidelines. Love it!

Stee

Jun 28, 2011
It looks nice, I've moved it to Habbo Retro's as if it was a development thread you'd have to follow the section guidelines. Love it!
Thanks man! I appreciate it :D

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
Seen it before you became busy, but I was always a fan of the design. Very clean & ( I wouldn't say simple ) but more easy to look at when navigating etc.

What's your plans for it, changes to be made?

Stee

Jun 28, 2011
Seen it before you became busy, but I was always a fan of the design. Very clean & ( I wouldn't say simple ) but more easy to look at when navigating etc.

What's your plans for it, changes to be made?

Thank you :)
Well I've still to do the following;
  • Register page
  • User home pages
  • Account settings (clean up)
  • Staff page (css cleann up)
  • Finish the store page (basically finished just need to actually make packages for it)

Nigo

Jun 25, 2020
Hi, I hope that by feedback you also mean criticism, because it seems like you got things from other themes, like the avatar container and high scores. The highscores don't really fit the theme. My tip is to make something yourself, even if it doesn't look good, it will give you inspiration later. Also, if you like something from a different theme, such as the high scores, use it as inspiration. I hope you don't see this as negative but positive feedback. You have already done well, keep up this good work and soon you will improve a lot. If you ever have any questions or need examples for inspiration, let me know.

Stee

Jun 28, 2011
Hi, I hope that by feedback you also mean criticism, because it seems like you got things from other themes, like the avatar container and high scores. The highscores don't really fit the theme. My tip is to make something yourself, even if it doesn't look good, it will give you inspiration later. Also, if you like something from a different theme, such as the high scores, use it as inspiration. I hope you don't see this as negative but positive feedback. You have already done well, keep up this good work and soon you will improve a lot. If you ever have any questions or need examples for inspiration, let me know.
I did. You're correct it's simply an edit I've been working on over some time. I did get it from another skin but mainly just for how it functions. I'll most likely change it around sooner or later so I understand what you mean. I learn by basically looking over the code till my pea brain can understand what is going on haha. I like to use well written parts as a way to make me learn if you get me.
Thank you. I appreciate that. Also thank you for some actual feedback 😁

Koala

May 23, 2017
People should really just ditch RevCMS. It's old.
However, I like your design - it's simple and elegant. You might want to change border color of the buttons in navbar and remove box-shadow.

Stee

Jun 28, 2011
People should really just ditch RevCMS. It's old.
However, I like your design - it's simple and elegant. You might want to change border color of the buttons in navbar and remove box-shadow.

I do also agree that it's pretty old. It's what I learned on and feel most comfortable it's the only reason I use it really.
Thank you very much I appreciate that.
Insane how you noticed that box-shadow :lol: I never seen it until now. I'll get that sorted out.
Thank you for the feedback!

Koala

May 23, 2017
I do also agree that it's pretty old. It's what I learned on and feel most comfortable it's the only reason I use it really.
Thank you very much I appreciate that.
Insane how you noticed that box-shadow :lol: I never seen it until now. I'll get that sorted out.
I mean, it was and still is a great piece of work and will serve you well with some minor tweaks (notably upgrading from MD5).
I have not tested RevCMS for a long time, but I think it is not working with PHP7.X out of the box, rite? The difference in speed between PHP7.X and PHP5.X is like x3 speed.

Haha! If you really want to use box-shadow, I would recommend making it grey, rather than black.. Good luck.

Stee

Jun 28, 2011
I mean, it was and still is a great piece of work and will serve you well with some minor tweaks (notably upgrading from MD5).
I have not tested RevCMS for a long time, but I think it is not working with PHP7.X out of the box, rite? The difference in speed between PHP7.X and PHP5.X is like x3 speed.

Haha! If you really want to use box-shadow, I would recommend making it grey, rather than black.. Good luck.

I'll take noted and get the MD5 upgrade in as well as look into updating it to a newer PHP version. Never knew it woulda made it 3x's faster. The site is pretty light as it is. I've took a lot of time to go through the code to clean it up so it does load quite fast but if upgrading will make it load faster it's defo something I'll need to do.

I actually removed the box shadow and made the black border on the buttons a bit thinner :)
Honestly thank you for the feedback. Really appreciated :)

Ster

Oct 26, 2020
It’s ok cms. Obviously it’s easier to look at but needs more detail. The footer needs work.

I like how you managed to get different angles on the users (whole avatar or headshots) - on the stats page, the 1st place user has whole avatar then 2nd, 3rd etc. Gets a user headshot in place.

Stee

Jun 28, 2011
Thank you :) I know there is lots more I need to add too it. I was thinking more of an imprinted footer where it'd be almost invisible.
The top user stats is actually ripped from another skin and ported to Rev. I take no credit for it but yeah it is really nice :)

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Hi was looking for a bit of feedback on my skin edit I've been doing for a while.
I'm not the most experienced coder. Mostly just trial and error and working things out along the way.

Damn RevCMS in 2020 thats crazy, looks decent for what it is

Users who are viewing this thread