RevCMS - PHP 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
F6JAy.png

About This Project
Hey, Rev was created quite a while ago on a very old version of PHP. Despite this, it's still the most commonly used website software for retros to this date and most likely will continue to be due to how easy it is to use, and adaptability.

My mission is to update several components of Rev, and also provide useful things such as a database wrapper, psr support, and a better system for themes and rule guidelines for doing things to prevent clustered folders, etc.

Current Screenshots
You must be registered for see images attach

And for proof of concept
PHP:
<div class="center copyright">
     <center>Powered by <b>RevCMS</b> coded by <b>Kryptos</b> | Design by <b>joopie</b> </center>
     <br>
     <center>PHP Version <b><?php echo phpversion('tidy'); ?></b> </center>
</div>

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-30_17-4-23.png
    upload_2016-10-30_17-4-23.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 56

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Nice to see such a thing.

I do hate how some people refuse to move on, and try other more superior releases though! However, I cannot hate on this - good to see such a development.

inb4 Chris gets hate for another development thread, yet he has a repo full of completed goodies.

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
Great to see someone finally doing something about it, good on you Chris.

I wish you the best of luck on this.

Timothy

Kylie Jenner
Sep 25, 2013
Good luck. Hopefully we can see something good come out of this than a useless development that was never completed.

Seriosk

Programmer;
Oct 29, 2016
Very good luck to you, will definitely give it a look at when its finished :)

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I meant from all the people that develop stuff and never complete it. Didn't mean to make it sound like you wont finish this. :(
I finish the majority of my developments and put on my Git, just don't officially release due to the complications of setups with the more involved ones.
Examples being how people found difficulty setting up iHabbo's CMS (written in Node), so I quit making an effort to release things within threads ;p

KylePr0zZ

Jul 22, 2016
This is a great Development you are doing here Chris since Kryptos is all rogue on the Habbo Scene these days, Rev is so outdated and widly used in the Habbo community and it can be great if it's updated to the fullest, May I ask something?.. Will the database engine be PDO or MySQLi or option for Both? My opinion is that you should do it in PDO or keep it to the simple form of mySQL but Mysqli for the improvement and hash with bcrypt for passwords. :), Good luck on this Chris.

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
This is a great Development you are doing here since Kryptos is all rogue on the Habbo Scene these days, Rev is so outdated!, Is the database engine going to be PDO or MySQLi or option for Both? It Would be most secure to do it with PDO and hash with bcrypt for passwords. :)

Good luck on this Chris.
mysqli to keep the simplicity it's popular with, hashing will be changed bcrypt if I can find a way to allow old hotel databases to be used with it. Perhaps something as combing md5 + bcrypt, eh who knows ;p

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
mysqli to keep the simplicity it's popular with, hashing will be changed bcrypt if I can find a way to allow old hotel databases to be used with it. Perhaps something as combing md5 + bcrypt, eh who knows ;p

On Habboon we took a hacky approach:

I'm sure you'll find a better approach, this was done in around 2013.

PHP:
$getHash = mysql_fetch_assoc(mysql_query('SELECT `password` FROM `users` WHERE `username` = "' . filter($template->form->credentials_username) . '" LIMIT 1'));     
if(password_verify($template->form->credentials_password, $getHash['password']) || $getHash['password'] == sha1(md5($template->form->credentials_password) . strtolower($template->form->credentials_username)))
{
    //Hash is old, update it.
    if($getHash['password'] == sha1(md5($template->form->credentials_password) . strtolower($template->form->credentials_username)))
    {
        $engine->query('UPDATE `users` SET `password` = "' . $core->hashed($template->form->credentials_password) . '" WHERE `username` = "' . filter($template->form->credentials_username) . '" LIMIT 1');
    }

$this->turnOn($template->form->credentials_username);
    $this->updateUser($_SESSION['user']['id'], 'ip_last', $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
    $this->updateUser($_SESSION['user']['id'], 'last_online', time());

$template->form->unsetData();

header('Location: ' . $_CONFIG['hotel']['url'] . '/me');
    exit();
}
else
{
    $template->form->error = 'The password you entered is incorrect.';
    return;
}

Lame

Nov 6, 2014
F6JAy.png

About This Project
Hey, Rev was created quite a while ago on a very old version of PHP. Despite this, it's still the most commonly used website software for retros to this date and most likely will continue to be due to how easy it is to use, and adaptability.

My mission is to update several components of Rev, and also provide useful things such as a database wrapper, psr support, and a better system for themes and rule guidelines for doing things to prevent clustered folders, etc.

Current Screenshots
You must be registered for see images attach

And for proof of concept
PHP:
<div class="center copyright">
     <center>Powered by <b>RevCMS</b> coded by <b>Kryptos</b> | Design by <b>joopie</b> </center>
     <br>
     <center>PHP Version <b><?php echo phpversion('tidy'); ?></b> </center>
</div>
Loving those Center tags chris :p

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Uhm,

In my attempts to redo Rev's weakest links, I ended up rewriting the majority of everything with the exception of the template engine. Should I continue on, (it will still have a nice and easy theme engine especially with cleaner file requesting now)

I could also backtrack, and only update the main things such as the core and engine however no themes would still be supported due to people hard-coding mysql_

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Better finish this, it will be an honorable accolade towards your community contributions.
And, c'mon, it's rev. It would be great to see the original vanilla cms brought to life as if it were released these days :up:

Chrobens

Sep 17, 2015
Perhaps reform this to use PDO instead of Mysql?
PHP7, PDO, Secure, ODBC database support, could be great <3_<3

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
This project is dead, military boi has told me himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread