Returning shirts with tags on them to walmart?

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
Can someone help me out? On the walmart site it says if the merchandise is over $25 and you'll receive a giftcard instead of cash. Does that mean all the items that you're returning together total over $25 you'll and receive a giftcard or just for each item by itself?

So lets say i'm trading in 3 shirts. One is $9, $7 and $30. That means ill receive cash for the $9 and $7 but for the $30 one ill receive a giftcard for instead?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
So lets say i'm trading in 3 shirts. One is $9, $7 and $30. That means ill receive cash for the $9 and $7 but for the $30 one ill receive a giftcard for instead?
Im guessing this is per receipt, maybe check the ToS for that store.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
Im guessing this is per receipt, maybe check the ToS for that store.
well they are shirts that don't have packaging just tags and i don't have receipt anymore but this is from the walmart store.... trying to figure out if its cash per item or if all items total together is over $25 then u get just a giftcard as im trying to trade in multiple t-shirts not just 1

No receipt? No problem, you have few choices:

• You’ll have the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25)
  • A Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (if $25 or over) or
  • An even exchange for the product
  • As applicable, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
I think they are trying to say, if you have spent over $25, and you are returning all your items which are over $25, you will receive a gift card instead of cash for all items, so your money in return will be the gift card. That is what I personally think anyway as I have worked in retail in the past.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
If there's no receipt or proof of purchase, just tags then take them back item by item (if they're under the $25 - maybe they'll give you cash) if not then a gift card.

Regardless, what's the point in this? Do you want your cash back rather than a gift card?

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I work in retail. If no receipt you'll just get store credit/gift card I'm guessin it's the same

Users who are viewing this thread