Show DevBest [Responsive] Personal Portfolio & Web Dev

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Hello,
So I've finally finished my portfolio and it can be found here:
It should be responsive for nearly all devices but please do let me know if you experience any issues, it has no frame-work and the responsive side of it was done by hand, by me.

And yes, I know that my Web Development portfolio is basically empty and the only current design in it is really just a place holder. How ever I am working on a template which I will likely release for free when it is done in the near future.

Let me know on what I can improve and what you like and dislike about the whole design. It's a work in progress and will be updated over time.
I am currently thinking about the way you view my work and how that can be improved and will be starting that soon so please excuse that.

Thanks,
Magic

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
This is what I see on iPhone 5s (after collapsing the navigation menu):

I'd definitely change that orange text above the orange background, and center the navigation better but other than that it's good.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
This is what I see on iPhone 5s (after collapsing the navigation menu):

I'd definitely change that orange text above the orange background, and center the navigation better but other than that it's good.
That's what you should see, on desktop there is a full-screen background image and a footer but I found that the footer is just extra cluster on the limited space of a phone.

And yes, I will change that text on the orange background as soon as I get home.

cxdy

PHP Developer
Jun 8, 2014
Looks great. Your font choices are odd but I like them. Very responsive, too.
Offtopic, but I'm on your Flickr, and holy fuck you have some good shots. I really like the ones with the dripping water and the ones from the snowy mountains with the clouds. I also like the shots of the mountains with the lake in the foreground. You've got a very good eye for photography.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
I dislike the fonts, I dislike the top bar which is navigation like above it, There's a weird space looks weird.
I hate your color combination especially for the front page you can't really see orange thing, It is way lighter. You could use some darker colors and/or decent fonts that are pleasing

I love your photography :D

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Another thing I'd edit is the border-radius on that email button. At first I thought it was a football or a social media icon or something until I clicked it and it took me to a contact page, then I realised it was an envelope with 50% border-radius.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Looks great. Your font choices are odd but I like them. Very responsive, too.
Offtopic, but I'm on your Flickr, and holy fuck you have some good shots. I really like the ones with the dripping water and the ones from the snowy mountains with the clouds. I also like the shots of the mountains with the lake in the foreground. You've got a very good eye for photography.
Thank you :)

I dislike the fonts, I dislike the top bar which is navigation like above it, There's a weird space looks weird.
I hate your color combination especially for the front page you can't really see orange thing, It is way lighter. You could use some darker colors and/or decent fonts that are pleasing

I love your photography :D
Thank you, I will take it into consideration. But I can't please everyone. I can understand what you mean with the fonts, I get people who either like them or dislike them, I'll keep it in mind with my next project though.

Another thing I'd edit is the border-radius on that email button. At first I thought it was a football or a social media icon or something until I clicked it and it took me to a contact page, then I realised it was an envelope with 50% border-radius.
I'll work on it, I see where you are coming from.

I'm currently working on a template which I will most likely release for free.
It's going to be mostly aimed at Youtubers looking for a website but can be easily edited to fit for example a photographer who wishes to showcase his or her work.

I'll make a different thread when it is completely finished to show-case it but for now I am just letting people know.

Also I plan on making some adjustments to a few aspects my portfolio as people suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread