Referral System

Liam

Fly and mighty
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
I've invited a few people to DevBest over the years, and it'd be pretty cool if referring friends was possible. Not only could it bring more attention to the forum, but a leaderboard and maybe even rewards would also be a great addition.

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
I could see something about one free month of sub for every 3-4 referrals who reach 50 posts.
How about for every few hundred posts your referrals make you get a free sub. That way, you have an ongoing incentive to refer people.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Once they initially refer them, it doesn’t really matter beyond the 50 posts. The 50 post limit would just stop people from creating 3 random accounts and adding their names to the sign up.
Maybe 3 referrals with 50 posts each is a bit much for a sub.

Something different to receiving a sub would be good though, makes people who've referred a lot of people more noticeable.

Liam

Fly and mighty
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
While 1 month of sub for free would be cool to have, this could also be put into the community awards at the end of the year for the top 3 referrers to receive a trophy and banner as well as the person who came first to be given a gold sub. I also think a monthly top referrers leaderboard should be added like the top posters.

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
Once they initially refer them, it doesn’t really matter beyond the 50 posts. The 50 post limit would just stop people from creating 3 random accounts and adding their names to the sign up.
I was talking about a way to have a larger incentive for a constant amount of activity from their referrals.

Users who are viewing this thread