[RE-RELEASE] Butterfly Emulator (Zap Hotel Edition) - R63A Complete Pack 2021

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010

Butterfly Emulator Zap Hotel Edition
R63A - Emulator, CMS, DB & SWFS All Included
Release Details:
Butterfly Emulator was a top emulator in it's prime, and is capable of holding 1000s of users online with little to no issues. Jontycat and some others spent many months of time and effort to bring this emulator, although it isn't the most up to date, it definitely is a great emulator for those who just want to see what Habbo Hotel was like nearly a decade ago.

I have included everything you need to get this emulator set up and running: CMS, EMU, SWFS, DB and a Browser that allows you to access both Flash and Shockwave content.

Screenshots:
lhrKhid.png

Y1RXra4.png

RmRwznt.png

87BvYrp.png

Download:

Download Link Last Checked: 10/10/2023

Last edited:

joaowars776

Aug 28, 2020
Good morning, thank you very much for this masterpiece, I was even researching emulators 2013/2014 earlier today.

Could you tell me an emulator similar to Olympus Server? they say that Butterfly is the most similar, Olympus Server had in a Brazilian Habbo and was one of the most played in the world (it already reached the mark of 9000 users on a beautiful afternoon xd)

All I could find is that butterfly, egypt emulator and trypolin r5 are similar, I wish precisely because of the football that has on this olympus server, there are close investors also wanting precisely because this was the most played pirate habbo football reaching up to 500 players at more than 7 hp at the time, her name would be: REBUG, moves 7 squares, has several bugs (which are the effects of the ball itself) and the like, I will test to see if the butterfly is the rebug or is similar, since olympus was based on some emulator and didn’t focus or care about football

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
Good morning, thank you very much for this masterpiece, I was even researching emulators 2013/2014 earlier today.

Could you tell me an emulator similar to Olympus Server? they say that Butterfly is the most similar, Olympus Server had in a Brazilian Habbo and was one of the most played in the world (it already reached the mark of 9000 users on a beautiful afternoon xd)

All I could find is that butterfly, egypt emulator and trypolin r5 are similar, I wish precisely because of the football that has on this olympus server, there are close investors also wanting precisely because this was the most played pirate habbo football reaching up to 500 players at more than 7 hp at the time, her name would be: REBUG, moves 7 squares, has several bugs (which are the effects of the ball itself) and the like, I will test to see if the butterfly is the rebug or is similar, since olympus was based on some emulator and didn’t focus or care about football
As far as I'm aware, Olympus was based on Butterfly but I could be wrong. I have been in and out of touch with the scene since I joined DB a decade ago. I'll dig through my archives and see what I find - this release is the first of many, albeit a few years too late.
Thanks for sharing, brings back some great memories
Its my new favourite client version I think, or one of them at least anyway.

tyutu

Oct 25, 2016

Olympus was used in habb.biz and was developed by capostrike and was not a butterfly but a java. At the time when I spoke with Magrão habb.biz, I no longer ran in C # as it did not support +2,000 players.

The comet server has exactly this stability, on the ball, I believe that there is no other emulator with it.

joaowars776

Aug 28, 2020
Okay, we had no hope for external emulators, although EnricoDiesel has Olympus, he has no desire to even rent for months to Goot and Yakusa who created events involving this ball, despite that, I will continue to search for old emulators to see if at least there is something similar even if in general it is different, to be able to take a base and try to edit, thanks for the answers.

Oct 11, 2014
oooh this sure brings me back, downloading it and setting it up just for the sake of nostalgia, cheers for the share bro

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
Is there anyone who wants to help me get this running?
Everything you need is included. Just install XAMPP, put the htdocs folder in the right place import the DB, and update the emulator configuration file as well as the RevCMS configuration file.

iAppleRetro

Jun 1, 2018
Everything you need is included. Just install XAMPP, put the htdocs folder in the right place import the DB, and update the emulator configuration file as well as the RevCMS configuration file.
I tried it, but I get errors in the emulator. I dont know what's wrong.

Tahis

Feb 13, 2021
First of all great work and thanks for publishing.

With a little effort, I made it work pretty well, except that all the furniture disappears when I leave the room.
How can I fix it?

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
First of all great work and thanks for publishing.

With a little effort, I made it work pretty well, except that all the furniture disappears when I leave the room.
How can I fix it?
This happened to me one time too but hasn't happened since. Make sure when turning server off youre typing 'stop' into the command prompt window and not just closing it as it won't save anything

Periphery

Mar 6, 2021

I think I did most of it correctly, and emu/site/server runs, just missing my SWF"s I think because my landing page (directly on login my screen is black, char is completely white and furni's aren't loading. Just black square boxes. Any idea what I might have missed? I went over everything.

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
I think I did most of it correctly, and emu/site/server runs, just missing my SWF"s I think because my landing page (directly on login my screen is black, char is completely white and furni's aren't loading. Just black square boxes. Any idea what I might have missed? I went over everything.
Yeah, you've definitely missed one of the urls in the external variables. Furnidata seems most likely to me.

Users who are viewing this thread