Show DevBest [Rate] My new website template!

AaidenX

Jun 30, 2012
This is basically my new portfolio website template so far. Not complete yet, but want feedback to improve before I continue any further. You can view the

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Consistency is key on a website, it just helps it to flow better.

Sorry to start with that, it was just the first thing that hit me when I visited - on the navigation and so on you have a nice amount of padding being used but as you scroll down to what I assume is the content area, it becomes all squished, then you're hit with a footer that's larger than the content area itself.

Think about what you want your visitors to focus on and make that the primary attention grabber - a footer doesn't have that much of an important role on most websites, it just needs to be there - I'd avoid making it as large as you currently have it.

Can't really make any other comments as you haven't done an awful lot but all in all, it's a pretty nice website. It'd be better if the background image was actually your setup ;) but it's modern and pretty clean - keep with that! Keep us updated man.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
I don't know what, but here seems off. I can't quite put my finger on the exact issue, but I think it's the font size...
PPWSMHf0WZ-3000x3000.png

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
Buttons look too close together and what is the second navigation for? plus, if you are having a second navigation, I wouldn't use buttons since your main navigation doesn't use buttons either.

AaidenX

Jun 30, 2012
Its not a second navigation, it is just some hotlinks linking to portfolio and stuff. And I will fix the font, what is your resolution @brsy

AaidenX

Jun 30, 2012
Haha. Thanks @Markshall any recommendations to improve the desktop version?

Thanks for all your response guys, without you guys, my website wouldn't be as it is now without you guys' feedback.
@Sysode Footer updated, any better now?
@brsy Check now please.
@Hannurh Is the spacing of buttons better now? It is not a navigation, just some hotlinks.

More progress! I did a part of the About page, but can't think of more content to write. :/

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah, I see what Mark's saying, on a mobile it's lot tidier.. I think it's due to no real container being present. Viewing on a 24" monitor everything is super stretched.

Anyway, in reguards to the footer (going to be honest I can't remember the old one) but I think you've just made it smaller, right? I didn't necessarily mean that, you can have larger footers it just doesn't seem right when the footer is larger and holds more content than the actual body of the page itself.
I'd defo try and aim for some more content on the homepage, it feels a little lonely at the moment.

Keep it up though man :)

Users who are viewing this thread