Question: Whats a good version for a CMS on xampp?

OCvReckeR

101% tryhard
Oct 4, 2015
I am really confused cause like am importing a db and it keeps on coming out 300 seconds time out errors Ive tried 1.7.7 1.8.3 and the latest but they still say that. And also I want it to be a version with localhost/security.

I am really confused cause like am importing a db and it keeps on coming out 300 seconds time out errors Ive tried 1.7.7 1.8.3 and the latest but they still say that. And also I want it to be a version with localhost/security.
Its Habulos cms btw

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
You have made a couple of Help Threads now heres to put it here kiddo, make sure you get your Retro files from the best place which is I recommend using the R63 files.. Make sure your XAMMP is setup correctly (I have never used XAMMP in my life its dodgy af). -LOL Hope that piece of mind helps :)

OCvReckeR

101% tryhard
Oct 4, 2015
You have made a couple of Help Threads now heres to put it here kiddo, make sure you get your Retro files from the best place which is I recommend using the R63 files.. Make sure your XAMMP is setup correctly (I have never used XAMMP in my life its dodgy af). -LOL Hope that piece of mind helps :)
I got this cms off sulake.cc anyway

Do u recommend Wamp?

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
Download RevCMS 1.9.9.9 and then download your CMS and stick it on (RevCMS comes with wwwroot) Dont tag me on this thread as I am not replying to it now.

Do u recommend Wamp?
Of course I recomend IIS its SAFER than XAMMPP hackers can get into XAMMP MOST HOTELS USE IIS (HOTELS WITH OWNERS THAT HAVE KNOWLEDGE)

OCvReckeR

101% tryhard
Oct 4, 2015
Download RevCMS 1.9.9.9 and then download your CMS and stick it on (RevCMS comes with wwwroot) Dont tag me on this thread as I am not replying to it now.

Of course I recomend IIS its SAFER than XAMMPP hackers can get into XAMMP MOST HOTELS USE IIS (HOTELS WITH OWNERS THAT HAVE KNOWLEDGE)
Ok thx

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
He said it's an error importing database file if I read right.
Use Navicat, or go through and increase your PHP query time and maximum upload size (Navicat is easier)

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Use Navicat, or go through and increase your PHP query time and maximum upload size (Navicat is easier)
This.

And i really hope you're not just copy/pasting your db to phpmyadmin. You're supposed to upload (import) the file, but even that will timeout (rarely). You must have a huge db my friend.

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
Kind of in topic but kind of off topic, RevCMS is Secure yea and Uber is Ok, But my favourite is Ullumina :) I used it on Bubbo and it was really nice all my users loved it :))) people should staart using illumina :)

OCvReckeR

101% tryhard
Oct 4, 2015
XAMPP is good for development projects but i recommend using IIS for open to public retros.
Its just going to be hamachi then open on a domain

I tried using Navicat but it was making the database inside of a database

Kind of in topic but kind of off topic, RevCMS is Secure yea and Uber is Ok, But my favourite is Ullumina :) I used it on Bubbo and it was really nice all my users loved it :))) people should staart using illumina :)
Ok

This.

And i really hope you're not just copy/pasting your db to phpmyadmin. You're supposed to upload (import) the file, but even that will timeout (rarely). You must have a huge db my friend.
Nah I dont I found it in a rar file w/ my cms and Ik its the db for it

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
No no. You don't make a database instead of a database
Here are some steps;
1) Open Navicat
2) New Mysql Connection
3) Enter your details
4) Double click your new connection
5) Right click the connection and click "New Database"
6) Follow the steps
7) Right click on the new database (It'll be under the connection)
8) Click import (Run SQL) and click the file
9) When that finishes close the connection and re-open it

OCvReckeR

101% tryhard
Oct 4, 2015
No no. You don't make a database instead of a database
Here are some steps;
1) Open Navicat
2) New Mysql Connection
3) Enter your details
4) Double click your new connection
5) Right click the connection and click "New Database"
6) Follow the steps
7) Right click on the new database (It'll be under the connection)
8) Click import (Run SQL) and click the file
9) When that finishes close the connection and re-open it
Ok thx

But whats a good version of Xampp for a r63 rp?

OCvReckeR

101% tryhard
Oct 4, 2015
The latest, or you can downgrade to the version that doesn't have mysql depricated. (it's not secure)
Idk how to change the password on the latest tho

If you're doing a RP just use Xamp 1.7.7 and RevCMS with ButterflyRP will be fine or just follow a tutorial for Reality[/QUOTIs Is Reality RP a good rp emu?

If you're doing a RP just use Xamp 1.7.7 and RevCMS with ButterflyRP will be fine or just follow a tutorial for Reality
Am using:

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014

Its Habulos cms btw
XAMPP is nice if you're developing on your localhost, not for production.
Some hotels actually use NGINX so you are wrong @BobbaHotel the hotels that know what they are doing use NGINX.
I recommend IIS, its benchmarks compared to other webservers clearly shows that it's the fastest.
Shutup, noob.
This^

It's clean and doesn't have habbotard cancer in it, really good base to build on.
Habbotard cancer = RevCMS itself.
I recommend using a NovaCMS by Leon it's a bit like MoonPHP (only MoonPHP is better)

C0dy

Nov 24, 2015
I'd recommend Illumina CMS in response to your question, providing you can remove the exploits. I personally would agree with other members on here - do not use Wamp or XAMPP or any of that crap. Get a VPS from HostSavor, they have really good prices and its simple to set up.

Users who are viewing this thread