Question about FindRetros voting system?

Leopard

Jan 26, 2018
Previously, I was used to being able to have 1 vote every 24 hours, and votes were reset every day at 00:00 (as it hits midnight), so lets say I voted at 23:58 (2 minutes before the votes reset), I would then be able to vote again in 2 minutes.

Now I've realized that FindRetros limits it to 2 votes a in a space of 24 hours, I was wondering if anyone could explain this for me? I can't look into their site enough to see how they do it but I'm pretty sure its 2 votes in the space of 24 hours from how I am getting results.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
Whereas before everyone's vote reset at the same time it's now exactly 24 hours between each vote on an IP I believe. So yeah what you used to do with voting just before and just after midnight no longer works. You still only vote once per day though, not sure why you think it's twice per 24 hours?

Leopard

Jan 26, 2018
Whereas before everyone's vote reset at the same time it's now exactly 24 hours between each vote on an IP I believe. So yeah what you used to do with voting just before and just after midnight no longer works. You still only vote once per day though, not sure why you think it's twice per 24 hours?
Thanks this cleared it up, I must of thought it was twice as my VPN IP changed after voting once (Only just noticed that).

It would help to have a way of checking when the user actually last voted though so I know how long to set the cookie for before making another CURL. @RastaLulz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread