[Python] Toontown Private Server [team recruitment]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voarsh

Nov 15, 2014
Hello, and greetings.

My name is Reese (username Voarsh on the forums).

I am in a group looking for people who wish to create a great Toontown Private Server that focuses on level customizability, content packs, character customisation and designing new locations that fit in with the continued story writing of the game.
We are currently in Alpha. We need people who have a passion for the Disney Toontown Online game to join us. This is voluntary, we do not make any money from the game. We hope this experience will help improve your Panda3D knowledge and Python skills.Here's the job roles we currently need filled:

We need 1/2 more programmers to help implement game bug fixes and support the release of new features against a specification - must be familiar with how Windows works, and Python.

Unfortunately programmers that know C will not be of much help since there is no C code at all.

We have several things in our path stopping us from entering Beta. If you have passion for the project and think you can contribute please get in touch.

If you know Python and would like to contribute, please let in touch. If you'd like to know more about the project please reply! :)

Warm wishes,
Reese
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Hello all!

We're still looking for keen Python developers.
If you're interested please get in touch.

Here are some Youtube videos

Tails

Go the fuck to sleep.
Jan 11, 2014
I don't code much(systems operator), but this looks cool.

Best of luck with this.

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
Nice to see other server developments on the forums. I literally know nothing about Python or the game but it looks interesting.

Best of luck with the development,

Voarsh

Nov 15, 2014
Thanks!

If you know any Python developers that could be interested in this project, let me know!
It's a great opportunity to improve your programming skills.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
O_O I remember this game from when I was like 5? It's still active? Lol. I wouldn't do this myself, tbh it just seems like it would be full of little kids, and they piss me off

Voarsh

Nov 15, 2014
O_O I remember this game from when I was like 5? It's still active? Lol. I wouldn't do this myself, tbh it just seems like it would be full of little kids, and they piss me off
The original game (Disney's Toontown Online) is no longer operational (from September 19th, 2013).
People who loved the game have made re-makes. I am one of them. If you wanted to work on your Python programming you could help and join in. Even if some users seem immature, you wouldn't be dealing with them. That's the moderator's job. :)

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
The original game (Disney's Toontown Online) is no longer operational (from September 19th, 2013).
People who loved the game have made re-makes. I am one of them. If you wanted to work on your Python programming you could help and join in. Even if some users seem immature, you wouldn't be dealing with them. That's the moderator's job. :)
I have never worked with Python before, but the thing about coding is even if you have never used it before you can still code it. All coding is the same, generic concepts just done different in syntax.

Example:

Declaring Variable in VisualBasic:
Dim number As Integer = 5

Declaring Variable in Java:
Int number = 5;

Declaring Variable in PHP:
$number = 5;

and so on

Voarsh

Nov 15, 2014
I have never worked with Python before, but the thing about coding is even if you have never used it before you can still code it. All coding is the same, generic concepts just done different in syntax.

Example:

Declaring Variable in VisualBasic:
Dim number As Integer = 5

Declaring Variable in Java:
Int number = 5;

Declaring Variable in PHP:
$number = 5;

and so on
I can agree with you on that.

Does this project interest you at all? If it does I can tell you more about our project specifically...

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I can agree with you on that.

Does this project interest you at all? If it does I can tell you more about our project specifically...
No toontown is just so old and stuff I would loose interest quickly. I spent hours playing that game when I was a kid, now I prefer Minecraft lol

Voarsh

Nov 15, 2014
No toontown is just so old and stuff I would loose interest quickly. I spent hours playing that game when I was a kid, now I prefer Minecraft lol
Okay, I can understand that. :)

Does anyone else who has Python knowledge want to give it a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread