Flash Pulse Hotel - A mature take on the retro scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood

Aug 7, 2019
findretros.png

Pulse Hotel
After being on many retros in the past, I finally decided (somewhat late) to open up my own hotel, to give my own thoughts and ideas a try. I believe in a mature approach to the retro scene, because let's be fair, most of the people playing retros these days aren't 12 anymore. I am aiming to create a retro that can be enjoyed by everyone in a mature and friendly environment. Whilst not ready for a full opening quite yet, we are in a public BETA, and are looking for active feedback from our community to see where we can still improve on.​

Current features
Whilst we are still working on some features, currently already operational are:​
  • Latest version of GoldFish CMS (credits to Laynester)
  • Latest version of Arcturus Morningstar
  • Working camera
  • Working YouTube (courtesy of KrewsTube)
  • A great catalogue (being worked on still every day)
  • A friendly and mature community and Staff Team
  • Public Rooms to mingle in (Welcome Lounge, InfoBus)

Screenshots
GQAVVu1.png

zAHMuT6.png

Vph2eUK.png

ZU010tf.png

M9hbPEe.png

Join us!
So, if you like what you see, and wish to know more, check us out at - if you have any questions or suggestions after checking us out, be sure to head into our discord server!​

Last edited:

ManIron

Jun 1, 2018
Is that not boon layout couple years ago?

Looks good, I may join.

Random question - your hc should be pc right why is it then you didn’t update that otherwise it wouldn’t make sense unless you’re avoiding a copyright law

Zombie

Absolute Legend
Jul 4, 2017

Looks good, I may join.

Random question - your hc should be pc right why is it then you didn’t update that otherwise it wouldn’t make sense unless you’re avoiding a copyright law

They are new? they may not of gotten to that yet lol

Hollywood

Aug 7, 2019

Looks good, I may join.

Some inspiration was taken from Boon, however, I tried to make most of it unique. Pulse is using GoldFish by Laynester as a CMS, which is quite different to Boon.
I am still planning on changing Habbo Club to Pulse Club, however, I haven't gotten round to changing all of the graphics for it. Furthermore whilst we are using Wulles r3 on our catalogue, I have some different ideas about sorting it all, and that will take me some time to change and fix as well.

Stee

Oh hot damn. This is my jam.
Jun 28, 2011
Love the direction but idk if it's just me but that cms is gash. I've seen quite a few hotels with it and all the boxes all outa line like that really weirds me out.
If you fixed the cms up a little.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Laynester

a bad bitch
Nov 7, 2018
been on here a few times, quite friendly actually.

Love the direction but idk if it's just me but that cms is gash. I've seen quite a few hotels with it and all the boxes all outa line like that really weirds me out.
its only like this because they have no news articles

Hollywood

Aug 7, 2019

As @Laynester said, we only have two news articles right now, whilst it can fit 5 news articles, once there are 5, they align up with the right side of the Discord widget!

Hollywood

Aug 7, 2019
Oh right isn’t this too early to release as I’ve seen this one like a billion times
Most of the core features are fully operational, it's just some of the graphics that I still need to change, but with a 40 hour a week job, it just take some time. I don't think it's too early to release as many features can still be enjoyed, and our events staff are working on creating some unique rooms and automated games.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Most of the core features are fully operational, it's just some of the graphics that I still need to change, but with a 40 hour a week job, it just take some time. I don't think it's too early to release as many features can still be enjoyed, and our events staff are working on creating some unique rooms and automated games.
why would you make a retro when you work 40 hours a week lmao? clearly you don't have time to maintain it so what's the point

Hollywood

Aug 7, 2019
why would you make a retro when you work 40 hours a week lmao? clearly you don't have time to maintain it so what's the point
Just because I might not have enough time to do graphical work, doesn't mean I don't have enough time to run a hotel, as they say "there is no I in team" applies here too. I rely on my staff to help out, whilst I am checking things on my phone when at work and try to be online every evening/morning when I don't have a tour.

Edit: I just finished the repixeling of the catalogue images. Now all changed to Pulse Club, instead of Habbo Club.

Last edited:

Zombie

Absolute Legend
Jul 4, 2017
Just because I might not have enough time to do graphical work, doesn't mean I don't have enough time to run a hotel, as they say "there is no I in team" applies here too. I rely on my staff to help out, whilst I am checking things on my phone when at work and try to be online every evening/morning when I don't have a tour.

Edit: I just finished the repixeling of the catalogue images. Now all changed to Pulse Club, instead of Habbo Club.

Honestly dont let the shit get to you good on you for trying dude and if its any concerlation your hotel looks cool. keep up the good work.

Stee

Oh hot damn. This is my jam.
Jun 28, 2011
Honestly dont let the shit get to you good on you for trying dude and if its any concerlation your hotel looks cool. keep up the good work.

Couldn't say it better myself. I hope this works out for you and your team.

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
What lol?

Looks alright, not a fan of the CMS but I’ve started to look into using Arc MS.

All the best buddy.
Still waiting for Hashh who is still delusional and thinks we are stuck in 2015 to grow up ?.

On topic, meh ordinary hotel. At least your putting effort unlike others. Goodluck.

Hollywood

Aug 7, 2019
This looks good! I like the acknowledgement that many retro players aren't kids anymore!
Thank you!

We're in 2019, not 2015.
So, you figured that all out by yourself, huh? Good stuff.

What lol?

Looks alright, not a fan of the CMS but I’ve started to look into using Arc MS.

All the best buddy.
Thank you, we're in the process of switching to another CMS as we speak, we hope to have it up somewhere tomorrow!

Still waiting for Hashh who is still delusional and thinks we are stuck in 2015 to grow up ?.

On topic, meh ordinary hotel. At least your putting effort unlike others. Goodluck.

Thank you as well, I try my best, and we're just now starting to get some customs in. Once the CMS is done tomorrow and the customs are in again, some of them will be in the limited rares!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread