Project Rider

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Project Rider is a new C# IDE being developed by JetBrains, the makers of IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, PHPStorm, etc.

Will this signal a major shift in the usage of C# IDE's (currently dominated by Visual Studio)? Discuss below!

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
I think this would be interesting and bring more competition to C# IDE's. Purely because I've used multiple JetBrains programs and they are great, i'd say some of the best IDE's in comparison to others available.

I'm not sure if Project Rider will be the same but JetBrains have some really nice IDE's targeted towards other languages, so not too sure how it would stack up against VS until it actually released as VS is also quite nice in relation to features and such.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Project Rider is a new C# IDE being developed by JetBrains, the makers of IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, PHPStorm, etc.

Will this signal a major shift in the usage of C# IDE's (currently dominated by Visual Studio)? Discuss below!
Thanks for this Adil, i'd like to check it out to aid my Unity/Xenko work. And personally, I think there should be an array of IDE's for C# simply because of the fact no singular editor can truly cater for every aspect that developer wants. More so, I just want some hella dope themes (material plz). 4Head I think Visual Studio lacks customization in many ways.

Last edited:

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Thanks for this Adil, i'd like to check it out to aid my Unity/Xenko work. And personally, I think there should be an array of IDE's for C# simply because of the fact no singular editor can truly cater for every aspect that developer wants. More so, I just want some hella dope themes (material plz). 4Head I think Visual Studio lacks customization in many ways.
I don't think there should be a variety of IDE's for the same language because developers still would only use 1 IDE unless they're compiling cross-platform or any other prerequisites that requires something that their current IDE does not have.

Customization is for pussies who write C++ in Sublime Text.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
I don't think there should be a variety of IDE's for the same language because developers still would only use 1 IDE unless they're compiling cross-platform or any other prerequisites that requires something that their current IDE does not have.

Customization is for pussies who write C++ in Sublime Text.

God forbid you actually use your command line, still, I won't question your preference. Anyway, this is my IDE, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Feb 1, 2014
Are people forgetting that this will be cross platform and supported by Mac and Linux?
I've subscribed and shall be waiting for their stable Mac build to release.

I'm very excited, Xamarin/MonoDevelop is a load of shite.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
Looking forward to this, I'm much more comfortable with IntelliJ than Visual Studio. It does seem a little unstable right now but I expect good things to come.

Users who are viewing this thread