Postman API integration on a WP website

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Hey guys,

So im working on a WordPress website for a client and he asked me to integrate a third party mobile app with the site using their API.Now the issue is that i've never touched anything postman related so i have no idea in which direction should i go.This is the setup documentation i got from the third party company.

I'm asking can some1 at least point me at the right direction?And what should i do with the information provided in the link above.
Also i'm on Node.js basic level.

Sorry for my english im serbian XD

Last edited:

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
Postman simply is a tool to test and/or mock API responses. So I'm not really sure what you mean by integrating postman?
My bad then, did you have a look at the documentation i've linked?I don't know what to do with it.

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
What you've linked is simply documentation of their REST API? How did you get a client if you're this clueless?
lol alright it's great that you know about REST API and i don't, no need to be a dick about it.Nonetheless thank you for your input.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
lol alright it's great that you know about REST API and i don't, no need to be a dick about it.Nonetheless thank you for your input.

I don't think he's being a dick here, he makes a very valid point. Properly integrating functionality based on an API in a WordPress website is not something that can easily (or generic) being explained. It depends on the API, the functionality they want, etc. There's also the concern of safety when authenticating against the API, if this isn't done properly it could expose user data or worse.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Hey guys,

So im working on a WordPress website for a client and he asked me to integrate a third party mobile app with the site using their API.Now the issue is that i've never touched anything postman related so i have no idea in which direction should i go.This is the setup documentation i got from the third party company.

I'm asking can some1 at least point me at the right direction?And what should i do with the information provided in the link above.
Also i'm on Node.js basic level.

Sorry for my english im serbian XD
if the setup docs mention postman it's a good idea to download it and play around for a bit to see what you can do

essentially it's a tool for testing an API - you can send requests, check responses etc

for integrating a third party mobile app you'll want some form of 'HTTP client', which is essentially what postman is - on android there a few good libraries such as retrofit and volley

Users who are viewing this thread